cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bruzer
Participant ○○○

Re: Sick to death of logging in every #%£€* time

FWIW, I do NOT have the sign-in problem -- at least for a day or so.

However, since the "new and improved" version was introduced last spring I cannot edit my posts nor can I preview them.

W10 + FF on lap and desktop, identical M* problems on both. THE ENTIRE REST OF THE INTERNET works normally on both machines.

It ain't rocket science.

0 Kudos
Community Manager RyanM Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bruzer wrote:

FWIW, I do NOT have the sign-in problem -- at least for a day or so.

However, since the "new and improved" version was introduced last spring I cannot edit my posts nor can I preview them.

W10 + FF on lap and desktop, identical M* problems on both. THE ENTIRE REST OF THE INTERNET works normally on both machines.

It ain't rocket science.

@Bruzer I'm sorry you're having this issue. I know I've looked into this for you before and I wasn't able to figure out what was causing it. I am using Windows 7, but I went to the community site using Firefox and impersonated your account. I was not able to reproduce your issue, meaning I was able to see the Edit option on the Action menu for your most recent post on this thread. I will open another ticket with Khoros Support and contact you via private message with any updates. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
NuEnglander
Follower ○○○

Hi All.

As I have stated, I do not have the computer skills to comprehend much of what has been written.

But I am going away with the impression that "follow the money" may define M* behavior. I am assuming that M* is no different than myself and probably the rest of you: they put their money where there is the greatest return for the least amount of effort. That appears not to be investing in the "individual" investor who wants to avoid fees (money makers?) and do business with TD, E-Trade etc. using data they provided. I have a son who is paid mega 7 figures to write cooperate tax code and he said that if M* was serious about the concerns on this site they could fix them. So, maybe it is time we recognize the "spin" solving the problems as so much BS. Unfortunately I payed for three years of Premium last March, so will be around for a while due to the fact no one has explained how I can get a refund. Mean while, I will be a New Englander and as we say, "vote with my feet". "Follow the money", and it is not us. Sorry for the underlines, I do not know how to get tid of them.

0 Kudos
FD1001
Valued Contributor

So far never had problems. I used the most common and cheapest tools. PC laptop with chrome + Motorola cell with chrome. I'm logged in for days and if not chrome fills out the ID+PASSWORD and in one click I'm logged in.

Amazon log in is great but the worse search by purpose, most times they don't show you the best cheapest prices. 

0 Kudos
Nahtanoj
Explorer ○

I am having exactly the same problem - I am asked to log in every time I go to the M* site.  If I click “Please keep me logged in,” it doesn’t help.  The problem seems to have been going on for at least a couple of weeks.  It happens across all my devices (iPad, HP laptop, and Macintosh desktop) and across all browsers (Safari and Chrome).  Interestingly, the problem did not start until several months after the site redesign was rolled out.  The only thing I have seen like it was the old M* app on the iPhone, where it was also impossible to stay logged in - so much so that the product was essentially unusable.  I would appreciate it if M* would fix this problem ASAP.

0 Kudos
yogibearbull
Valued Contributor

Use your browser to store M* password.

With Chrome, I activated "Store Password" from Settings. Once M* password was stored, I went back and deactivated "Store Password" - I don't want passwords for most websites to be stored within the browser.

So, lately, with M* sign-ins being more frequent, I only need a couple of clicks to sign back.

M* "Keep me logged in" hasn't worked with the new Discussions - it being a 3rd party software.

YBB
0 Kudos
Nahtanoj
Explorer ○

Furthermore, after I logged in to the Morningstar website this evening, I was asked to log in a second time - on a different login page - to enter the Discussion Community” forum.  Shouldn’t it be enough to just log in ONCE to access all parts of the site?

0 Kudos
chang
Valued Contributor

I think M* will refund you pro-rata if you request it. Call them directly.
0 Kudos
Coptomist
Explorer ○○

It's the most irritating thing that happens to me on my computer...for months now, getting fed up, too.

0 Kudos
yogibearbull
Valued Contributor

@Nahtanoj wrote:

Furthermore, after I logged in to the Morningstar website this evening, I was asked to log in a second time - on a different login page - to enter the Discussion Community” forum.  Shouldn’t it be enough to just log in ONCE to access all parts of the site?

This is a known issue that they have tried to fix - it has worked unreliably.

Issue is that M* Discussions is a 3rd party software and it cannot be fully integrated into the M* Homepage. So, often, one is required to separately login into M* Discussions and M* Homepage.

YBB
0 Kudos
grierchas
Explorer ○

"Keep me logged in" seems to be working better the last few days or week. Thank you, Ryan for your efforts on this nuisance.

0 Kudos
FatKat
Participant ○○

@bigsteve wrote:

I use Windows 10 and Firefox, and have to log in here every time after I leave.  Previously, I stayed signed in for quite a few years.  Chang,  This problem is evidently a very low priority for M*, and I'm resigned to the fact that it probably won't be fixed.

I use Firefox and just enter a short password for the browser, the M* login is filled out so, I just click it. I only use Firefox for fast login sites. If I need to edit a post, I have to log into another browser.

0 Kudos
GrackleFarm
Follower ○○○

My sign-in page gives the message, "you are already signed in", so I click the "continue" button. This directs me to the M* home page where I am clearly NOT signed in. So, I have to sign in. Again.

0 Kudos
chang
Valued Contributor

@GrackleFarm wrote:

My sign-in page gives the message, "you are already signed in", so I click the "continue" button. This directs me to the M* home page where I am clearly NOT signed in. So, I have to sign in. Again.

Yes, that's been the case for the last week or so. Don't worry, this will disappear, and some new, even more exotic bug, will take its place.

You ought to try it on an iPhone. The results are absurd (you get a window in a window ... too complicated to explain. Morningstar is virtually nonfunctional on iPhones. I guess Morningstar figured that it wasn't worth ensuring compatibility with iPhones, considering how few of them there are. Heck, there must be more Sony Betamaxes around than iPhones. I'm probably the only person who uses one.

0 Kudos
Announcements

To learn more about the recent changes to Morningstar.com, please see the updated FAQ.

See recent posts and all our forums or access the old forums here.

You can read the community guidelines in