cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Portfolio View - Analysis Date for Funds - missing or inaccurate value

Create a Portfolio, Add PRSVX to it. Customize columns to add Analysis Date. There is a new Analyst Report out there in 2020 (Jan 10, 2020)  but in portfolio view Funds DO NOT show latest analysis Date. It shows as --

All Stocks show correct analysis Date, issue is with several funds showing inaccurate, old or nothing in Analysis Date column in portfolio view

I usually look at these dates for updates and wondering if this can be fixed for mutual funds?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Re: Portfolio View - Analysis Date for Funds - missing or inaccurate value

I noticed the same thing with the tracking view of a portfolio. The analyst report dates seem to be present and up to date for stocks, but for some of the funds, analysis dates are missing. I hope this is fixed soon, because the dates provide a good snapshot of what recent fund reports are available. I did check one fund that had no analyst report date in the portfolio tracking view, but the fund did in fact have a recent analyst report available. VWELX showed "---" in the Analysis Data column, but there is a 1 April 2020 report available. So for now we just need to search by ticker, apparently. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

I wrote to "joe@morninstar.com" two weeks ago on this subject and got a nice reply that simply restated the problem.  The updated analsyt report data on mutual funds is missing from Portfolio Manager.   In a 2nd reply from a week ago, he said he would "elevate" the issue.

This is not the first time this disconnect between the database of Analyst Reports and the Portfolio Manager has occurred.  It was several years ago, with the old website.  Some automatic script had failed and so all new Analyst Reports were not being updated in Portfolio Manager and as time wore on and reports were updated, less and less appeared in the Portfolio Manager.

But, at the time and as a temporary fix, we were referred to a separate screen that displayed just the database of Analyst Reports.  It could be sorted by date, so you could find all the recent updates in the Analyst Reports.  I can't find that screen in the new website.  Perhaps it is still there somewhere.  Does anyone have a link to that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Is this issue ever going to be fixed?  Analyst Report dates and Analyst Ratings in Portfolio Manager.  This is not hard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

OMG, this is fixed!!!

The "Analysis Date" column for mutual funds is populated with date and it is correct..

I cannot believe it!!

Thank you M* for listening.

Now only if you can have a nice mobile android app for us!

0 Kudos
Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.