cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skatemor
Follower ○○

New design changes to the Portfolio Manager are terrible

I signed into my portfolio manager account this morning and WOW what a mess. I can only see one third of the columns that I could see before and could find no way to change it. The slider bar is so far at the bottom that I when I scroll down to it I can not see the investments I am trying to view. WHAT A MESS. This is not workable for me.

How do I get back to the previous version so that I can manage my investments. HELP

7 Replies
DUMBLARS
Explorer ○

Re: New design changes to the Portfolio Manager are terrible

I consider you my mentor! Until just now I couldn't get into my account at all. However now I can, & BTW now my "sheet" looks normal, so maybe try again.

I posted earlier under M* "site changes" w/ my problem & I will credit M*. I got a email back that I'm now a "voracious reader" & a "first time reply person & I guess I have  badges to prove it, so all is not lost.

0 Kudos
CourtJester
Explorer ○

My sheet looks OK but try hitting refresh and see what happens ...

0 Kudos
yogibearbull
Valued Contributor

Re: New design changes to the Portfolio Manager are terrible [Refreshing Portfolio]

@CourtJester , don't click refresh while in Portfolio.

If you do, click on "Morningstar" to get to Homepage and then bet back into Portfolio.

Don't try to re-log as it will tell you that you are already logged in.

I hope that M* fixes this bug in time.

YBB
0 Kudos
Darrin Employee
Employee

Re: New design changes to the Portfolio Manager are terrible [Refreshing Portfolio]

We've discovered refreshing portfolio manager, opening it in a new window or tab, or accessing via a bookmark will trigger a request to log back in. I've asked our developers to review. In the interim going to the Morningstar.com site and clicking the Portfolio tab should pull up your portfolio without having to log in.

Thanks,

darrin

CourtJester
Explorer ○

Thanks.  Also, there would be no need to refresh constantly if the portfolio prices stayed up-to-the minute, which they don't.   Comparing the portfolio price, the specific webpage price, and the latest chart price often yields three different numbers.

0 Kudos
why
Follower ○○○

new portfolio view is the old basic view only. they have done away with the premium data view and its information. so now premiums are being treated like non-premiums.

0 Kudos
Win1177
Participant ○○○

Morningstar has managed to change “Portfolio Manager” from generally useful to completely USELESS. I’m having to constantly log back in, whenever I switch views from one view (say dividend yields) to another (say earnings growth). Keeps saying I need to log in, but then I’m already logged in. Like an endless cycle of “teasing” you with information, and then pulling the carpet out from under me. 

Anyone know another site that offers a similar portfolio manager feature? I’m DONE with Morningstar, after well over a decade of paying for “premium” service. 

Win
Announcements

To learn more about the recent changes to Morningstar.com, please see the updated FAQ.

See recent posts and all our forums or access the old forums here.

You can read the community guidelines in