cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Morningstar.com FAQ - Latest Updates on the New Site

To learn more about the recent changes to the site, please see the newly updated FAQ.

39 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Morningstar.com FAQ - Latest Updates on the New Site

@RyanM wrote:

To learn more about the recent changes to the site, please see the newly updated FAQ.

@RyanM: I doubt that you had anything to do with writing the introductory paragraph to FAQ, but after reading the overwhelmingly negative responses from your clients to the new site, saying that "We hope you’ll find these changes add up to a site experience that even better connects you to the investment expertise and analysis you’re looking for", sounds like something from a piece of the theater of the absurd.

Sorry, but does M* live on another planet? Or should we now call it MourningStar, instead?

Fred 

Highlighted
Explorer ○

Ryan,

I'm amazed that those responsible for M* subscription marketing have not used this opportunity to shore up the subscription base. Every so often M* used to run a brief special of $99 for 1 year. Now so many other newsletters also offer 1 year for $99 and they have very stable online sites.

How many more subscribers have to quit Premium membership before the business managers at M* wake up?

I realize that you and Darin, as helpful as you both are, cannot make that offering decision. Please forward this to the appropriate  M* personnel.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

M* RyanM

I wonder if I might ask you to comment on my post --spread sheet "header & footers" ?( Posted Sunday a week ago)

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@DUMBLARS wrote:

M* RyanM

I wonder if I might ask you to comment on my post --spread sheet "header & footers" ?( Posted Sunday a week ago)

Thanks for the heads up, @DUMBLARS. I am not the right person to comment on that, but I've asked a colleague to take a look at your topic.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

For those of you who have been around here for the last ten years or more, you might recall that M* was virtually problem-free, worked perfectly, and offered us an excellent collection of investment analysis tools and data, until they hired Chief Technology Officer Greg Goff at a salary of $1.4 million a year.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@RyanM wrote:

From FAQs:

• The performance compare feature is available on our quote pages (Fund Quote Page >> Performance >> Show Interactive Chart). You cannot compare across investment vehicles at this time. If you're a financial professional, we have other products that include this feature. To learn more, contact our sales team.

Seriously?  We can no longer compare, say, the detailed performance of Ivascyn's PIMIX (OEF) with Ivascyn's PCI (CEF)?  I can't think of anything more basic or more important.

I have no idea of who or what is driving your corporate objectives, but the words "quality" and "excellence" obviously do not apply!

N.

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Another glitch.

Area: Portfolio - my portfolio - under My Performance/ Trailing Total Returns/ enter Custom Time. It won't allow me to enter a time -- not one that fits the criteria -- and the popup message is:

The date selected is invalid. Please choose a day that does not fall on a weekend or holiday.

Again -  the date IS valid. Not a holiday. The markets were open ... And then there's an OK button to push, indicating that you've acknowledged the message - It doesn't work. A dead utility. ( and then it is difficult to exit without the popup returning. And returning.) Niggling? Well, YES, what part of this isn't about niggling little details? 

There is a bit of irony in this, I suspect. Morningstar drew individual investors to its approach - and "trained " us fairly well.-- Are you now hoping we will just fade away? Forget everything and hire a professional? What are the numbers on that -- I'm suspecting that at least 80-90% of revenue comes from professionals  ??  which would mean it makes sense to cater to them.... but   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@norbertc wrote:

@RyanM wrote:

From FAQs:

• The performance compare feature is available on our quote pages (Fund Quote Page >> Performance >> Show Interactive Chart). You cannot compare across investment vehicles at this time. If you're a financial professional, we have other products that include this feature. To learn more, contact our sales team.

Seriously?  We can no longer compare, say, the detailed performance of Ivascyn's PIMIX (OEF) with Ivascyn's PCI (CEF)?  I can't think of anything more basic or more important.

I have no idea of who or what is driving your corporate objectives, but the words "quality" and "excellence" obviously do not apply!

N.

I agree 100% with @norbertc  on this. If there is an upside to all this M* re-tooling (interpret as you like) it's bringing folks of all political, sociological points of view together in unison on this subject. All this is also to say @RyanM  we know none of this is your fault and it's probably a thankless job you’ve undertaken. Take care all, RM

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Hey, Ryan M, good news, the Performance/Compare function seems to be working.  Funds that wouldn't load last week are appearing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

@DUMBLARS wrote:

M* RyanM

We're working on resolving this issue now. I expect we'll have something in the next couple weeks.

Thanks, @DUMBLARS.

darrin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

M* Darrin

I wonder if the new post today "what happened to the bottom scroll bar---" isn't part of the same issue I presented some time ago (maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago) that you indicated would be resolved in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you for your consideration ( also thanks for replying).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

M* Darrin

Are we making any progress? 

Others are asking about what progress is being made, I ask the same, but more specifically those items I originally questioned and you indicated would be resolved.

Thanks for your efforts & whatever you must be going thru to meet these requests. Please understand I'm not asking for anything new, just a reset to what you already provided in the past.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

@DUMBLARS  we're wrapping up some other work now and will be moving on to the scroll bar issue in portfolio manager shortly.

Thanks,

darrin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I don’t believe that for a minute.
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

For those curious to learn more about the site changes, join us tomorrow for our webinar, or register to receive the recording: https://go.morningstar.com/MorningstarSolutionsforFinancialAdvisorsWebinar

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@eneumeier wrote:

For those curious to learn more about the site changes, join us tomorrow for our webinar, or register to receive the recording: https://go.morningstar.com/MorningstarSolutionsforFinancialAdvisorsWebinar

Please post the PowerPoint/Slide deck so that posters here can see. Most posters here are not financial advisors but we can at least find out what goodies got shifted from free/Premium M* to high-paying advisor stuff. Unlikely that many/any would shift.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hi there,

We will be doing a live demo, so we won't have slides to share, but anyone who registers will get the recording to watch at their convenience.

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Registers WHERE? Where are the details? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Never mind, I saw it.

0 Kudos
Announcements