cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View the predictive model in Investor Pulse

View the predictive model in Investor Pulse

Investor Pulse users can access a predictive model that projects forward how a category might grow or shrink over various time periods (1, 3, 6 months or 1 year). You can find this functionality on the Predictive tab.

predictive.jpg

Click on any of the bars for a close-up view of what that category has done historically and where it may go in the future.

closeup.jpg

You can also navigate to this from the SWOT chart. Click on any fund, and if it’s in a category with a forecast you’ll see that option from the Actions menu.

categoryforecast.jpg

Forecasts are available for all US fund categories in the equity, fixed income, and allocation asset classes. Paired with the forecasts of the funds themselves this becomes very powerful to help asset managers answer the following questions:

• Do I have funds that are expected to well in a category that’s expected to grow over time?
  • Do I have funds that are expected to do well but it’s in a category that doesn’t look so great going forward?
  • How are my peers positioned in these categories?
  • From a product development perspective, what area of the market has the greatest growth potential going forward?

Please see the category flow model methodology document for more information.

If you're interested in learning more about Investor Pulse, please contact your Morningstar representative.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
a week ago
Updated by:

Contributors