cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Morningstar Total Rebalance Expert - Evaluating Return on Technology Investment

Employee
Employee
3 0 2,729

Morningstar® Total Rebalance Expert (“TRX”) is the most tax efficient rebalancing software, designed by an industry-leading CPA advisor for advisors to help simplify portfolio management. TRX helps you quickly identify clients requiring action for the purposes of Rebalancing, Cash Needs and Tax Loss Harvesting. Rebalance accounts or entire households with asset class or ticker-specific models and leverage location optimization and tax-sensitive sell methodology to ensure your clients meet their needs in the most tax-efficient manner possible.

Hello Community!

Over the past two years, I have had the pleasure of working with firms who are beginning to use Morningstar® Total Rebalance Expert (TRX) to rebalance their clients’ portfolios. I particularly enjoy hearing the unique “rebalancing story” for each advisor’s practice.

TRX - trading.png

These stories often share a tension between the desire to dive deep into rebalancing for each client and the amount of time and effort required. It is rewarding to watch as advisors realize they can have it both ways—saving clients money and saving themselves time—using TRX with Morningstar Office Cloud.

Of course, not everyone is immediately convinced of the power of automation. To that end, I am very excited to share a white paper evaluating the return on technology investment (ROTI) for TRX, available at the bottom of this post.

The reason I find this white paper helpful is because it mirrors the conversations I have had first-hand with advisors. They are looking for a tool which is complex enough to handle the detailed work they do for their clients, but efficient enough to truly save them time and money, including the effort needed to implement it in the first place.

I hope you benefit from the experiences shared by the advisors in this white paper—we would love to hear your feedback below!