cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○

Tweet tweet tweet............

We could be on the cusp of a tactical pullback.

Sunday night when China's Monday morning opens will really give us a sign.

Is anybody ready to take advantage of this pullback in action?

I am still on the sidelines for new deployment of monies.

I have major allocations to VDIGX and VDADX and also an explore position in VDE which is getting hit also. It takes patience for me to wait. 

AKA Fishingrod

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tweet tweet tweet............

The fishing don't look to good from my dock, Fishingrod.  My creel is full from my catch over the past decade.I'll look again when the spring run is in. I'm not greedy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Sounds like your waiting for a salmon run. I like that. I would wait for that too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Indexes From June 26 Highs; SP500 200-dMA

Picture from July 26 high shows pullback-OFF on Thursday to pullback-ON Friday.   https://stockcharts.com/h-perf/ui?s=$INDU&compare=$COMPQ,$RUT,$SPX,$TRAN&id=p29455925912

SP500 may be getting ready for test of 200-dMA.   https://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=%24SPX&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&id=p53779319349

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

I wonder how many are sitting on the sidelines vs. those who are about to deploy or already deploying.

What will it take for those on the sidelines to pull the trigger.

This could be anything from stocks to stock mutual funds, individual bonds or bond funds, taxable or muni which I have read a lot about lately, which is good.

I kinda feel if one isn't in bonds already than it may be too late, but of course i may be wrong probably. Of course short bonds are still there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Re: Indexes From June 26 Highs; SP500 200-dMA

Yogibearbull,

I also feel that we are only where we were before.

The only difference are the players, China and US covering themselves with more and more tariffs.

It may turn things .

Fishingrod

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I always thought equity performance was tied to business prospects, and I have yet to hear a major business CEO say a trade or currency war is a good thing for business prospects.

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Buy the dip hasn’t failed since the election. One handshake between Trump and Xi and the Dow will jump 1,500 points.

Trump won’t let a ding in the economic landscape impair his re-election. The “trade war” will go away. Maybe Trump is manufacturing a crisis only in order to solve it. Maybe not ... it doesn’t matter. If the Dow pulls back 5% it will be the dip of a lifetime to buy on.
Highlighted
Participant ○

Deployed a little cash on last dip.  S&P break below 2750 is my next trigger point. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Being retired, I may nibble on dips but I have no plans to make significant buys when I don't want to take the risk of being wrong and completely torpedoing my portfolio.  Portfolio generates enough income to cover gap expenses.  If pull back I will mostly wait it out for eventual recovery using buckets of money as they are designed to work.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Chang,

I too feel as you do on this point, only I am hoping for at least a quick 10% pullback of which I already see about 3%- 3.5% already happened.

Always open to change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I guess we will get to see who is the Big Dipper. :-)

Cheers.

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Fishingrod wrote:

Chang,

I too feel as you do on this point, only I am hoping for at least a quick 10% pullback of which I already see about 3%- 3.5% already happened.

Always open to change.

I agree that 10% would be a gift. But these dips are all artificial. The economy, unemployment, etc. are all in decent shape. I don’t see a 10% dip unless there’s a real problem, which there isn’t. And these fake problems are all reversible with a tweet. If the Dow is down > 300 on Monday, I’m buying (again).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Paul,

Always good to here sane responses with a plan.

I too nibble but wish for another pullback like 2018-2019 or maybe worse. No harm meant for anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

I'm not a buyer of stocks, broad base (ETFs/Funds), until the S&P500 dips below 2,600.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I had sold some equity the past weeks. This was only to align my AA. I've been buying back (very little) on dips. I've also been buying LTL in pretty big up days. It's true that BTD has worked so far w/o exception. I can't help but remember the great Ali and the 'rope a dope'. I'm not as confident as Chang but I don't see Armageddon - yet - rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@chang wrote:

@Fishingrod wrote:

Chang,

Always open to change.

I agree that 10% would be a gift. But these dips are all artificial. The economy, unemployment, etc. are all in decent shape. I don’t see a 10% dip unless there’s a real problem, which there isn’t. And these fake problems are all reversible with a tweet. If the Dow is down > 300 on Monday, I’m buying (again).

Looks like I won't get that chance. Futures are up. But let's see how things look at 3:55pm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Hi Rhythmmethod,

Did you mean TLT or are you really in LTL Proshares Ultra communications?

Fishingrod

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Hi Chang,

Right you are at the moment.

Patience is difficult for me.

Fishingrod

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

This is when I’am glad I’am primarily an income investor with the rest on reinvestment catching some “dips”.  Good companies with good management which you can factually see with DD may be good investments for a long time through thick and thin, presidents, tweets etc. Market timing stays a random unpredictable event.

0 Kudos
Announcements