cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

@youth wrote:

The market stumbled out of the gate......in the initial stage, the market is without strength and falls far behind. 

Pop and Mom investor once again taken for a ride at least at the start.

Keep an eye out for DOW 15,000 and S&P 2000.

Gabe

Guess we ran out of things to hang on to, and I don't even have a mustache.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Entering the deep stretch, this market is spinning its wheels.  The virus remains superior to the financials.  More than likely, the last half hour might accentuate this terrible performance.

Best save your pennies.

Remember DOW 15,000 and S&P 2000 is in focus especially now with the surge of the virus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Sell Baby, Sell. I have the same order as yesterday but at $48/share. As the number of virus cases goes up and up every day, that is good news for buyers. But, I want to buy at my price but not at your price.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

The Market limped in over the finish line running a very disappointing race losing 2 and a half points.  

What a bummer! 

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

The Market limped in over the finish line running a very disappointing race losing 2 and a half points.  

What a bummer! 

Gabe

Be honest Gabe, you like down market days. It seems to me, you get a rise out of it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

@FatKat wrote:

@youth wrote:

What a bummer! 

Gabe

Be honest Gabe, you like down market days. It seems to me, you get a rise out of it?

I think that he is very honest about the market move. His focus, I might add rightly so, is the relationship to the fear of pandemic situation to the market.I just checked the plot of the moving averages to the daily count in my state and county. It has become steeper than what was in April. That is really bad situation becoming worse, not better as most people want it. Therefore, the market reaction is somewhat delayed but sure it is going to reflect the pandemic situation soon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I sold some buys on the past dips because of the reasons you posted. 

However, it seems to me Gabe always posts bad news; I don't recall many good market news posts?

Sure, the coronavirus is going to have the greatest impact on the market until we have a vaccine, or perhaps an effective treatment.  This is elementary.

I also think Gabe is a bit of a character. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@ECEPROF wrote:

@FatKat wrote:

@youth wrote:

What a bummer! 

Gabe

I think that he is very honest about the market move. His focus, I might add rightly so, is the relationship to the fear of pandemic situation to the market.I just checked the plot of the moving averages to the daily count in my state and county. It has become steeper than what was in April. That is really bad situation becoming worse, not better as most people want it. Therefore, the market reaction is somewhat delayed but sure it is going to reflect the pandemic situation soon.

I am neutral.  I really see investing as a hobby and honestly see a correlation to thoroughbred handicapping.  

Good luck.

Stay Safe.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

"Keep an eye out for DOW 15,000 and S&P 2000"

"Remember DOW 15,000 and S&P 2000 is in focus especially now with the surge of the virus"

Enough said.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Within two hours, the numbers and the plot in my state and county have been updated. It has become steeper than what it was just two hours ago. The new peak has exceeded the previous peak set in April. Fortunately, there is no new death this week so far in our county. I will wait until Sunday. The death count announced by our hospital is (actual) accurate than what the state website provides.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Point of interest, I heard that YTD on 1 out of 3 days (33% of the time) the market has moved 2% or more. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Wall Street wants to sell snake oil promising something big. Should you believe when so many people are unemployed and when the earnings are drying up? How long will the government checks support these folks?

That's just crazy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

The week ahead will be a humdinger!  Hold onto your belts!

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

Gabe

So you're predicting more volatility?  More downside?  A big rebound?  Floods and locusts?  And all without futures?  ;-)

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@racqueteer wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

So you're predicting more volatility?  More downside?  A big rebound?  Floods and locusts?  And all without futures?  ;-)

@racqueteer  I think we will have to wait and read next weeks rendition of this soap opera to know the answer to all those questions. Unfortunately some of this Sahara dust storm got into my crystal ball. It's going to be years before I get the thing back to a state of "I can hardly see anything" again. 

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Unfortunately, this is no laughing matter.  To assume a cavalier attitude is unwise.

So.....the virus takes center stage.  Financial fundamentals is secondary in matters of importance.  Futures coming later today will provide some direction.  Volatility is on stage-----for the better or worse.  

With record virus numbers, matters do not look favorable.  Unless you are a experienced trader, it is best to be very cautious.  

I am keeping an eye on the futures both internationally and in the US.  Too, the first half hour and the last half hour will be telling.  

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

I thought that this thread was solved, yet the neverending negativity goes on.

Not that one cannot discuss the market behavior (as is truthfully without exaggeration), but please leave one's overly-negativity and groundless doom/gloom prediction at the door. 

Just a gentle request.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@51hh wrote:

I thought that this thread was solved, yet the neverending negativity goes on.

Not that one cannot discuss the market behavior (as is truthfully without exaggeration), but please leave one's overly-negativity and groundless doom/gloom prediction at the door. 

Just a gentle request.

Doom/gloom is in the eye of the beholder etc.  You need to be more receptive of those who have opinions that are different than yours.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@youth : Sure; like I said, hopefully it just a constructive input as you report the market futures and market moves.  Thanks you.

Stay safe and happy!:)

0 Kudos
Announcements