cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Well after all that flying around just had a chance to look at the market. Looks like we are up a wee bit today.

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Capital wrote:

Well after all that flying around just had a chance to look at the market. Looks like we are up a wee bit today.

But it’s the last half hour that matters. Get ready to hold onto your underwear!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@chang wrote:

@Capital wrote:

But it’s the last half hour that matters. Get ready to hold onto your underwear!

I ain't even planning to grab ahold to THAT!!! I'm just gonna wear them and leave them alone. 

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

@youth wrote:

@archer wrote:

I hate to rain on this parade, but maybe Gabe isn't wringing his hands over these hour by hour market fluctuations and just enjoys watching and commenting on it. A case could be made that it is just as exciting or more so than watching other people play golf :-)

You are right on.....When spectators are allowed at the track, I will be there.

Gabe

What worries me is that once you are allowed at the track you will be completely absorbed in horse racing and leave us hanging in here without your market reports. At least take a laptop with you to keep us updated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@Capital wrote:

Finally got down to the ground floor. Thank goodness someone installed a bannister for me to hang on to. I found a hat hanging on the hat rack. That will come in handy when I go out in the sunshine later today. Everybody be real careful when you open that umbrella. 

Don't forget to count the pennies you have saved once you are on the ground.  A real busy day.:)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Well, it's OK to joke about these issues.....the more difficult thing is to manage financially with reduced monies.

Being cavalier isn't going to hack it when the bills roll in at the end of the month.  

Gabe

Stay safe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations Gabe on your sustainable thread, it has take you many attempts, but you have succeeded here! I guess you have more talent for being entertaining than I have given you credit! I hope you continue posting here and forgo starting others, not that I'm complaining. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Banks are rallying on good news from FDIC on relaxation of Volcker's Rules on risky investments using insured deposits and less reserves needed for derivatives held by multiple units of a firm.

Strange that this is ahead of some potential sour news from bank stress tests today after the market close. There has been speculation in the media that WFC dividend may be in trouble, but then a Fed VC warned about dividends in general. That may be code that some banks other than WFC may have dividend issues.

So, FDIC action earlier today reduced capital requirements for banks, and the Fed action later today may raise capital requirements for big banks.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

We'll....the last half hour is a marker to give serious thought.  At least the mom and pop investor is given some "hope" at least till tomorrow.  I will continue to pay attention to the futures among other strategies.  

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yeah  poor mom and pop, give them a break, they deserve it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

@yogibearbull wrote:

Banks are rallying on good news from FDIC on relaxation of Volcker's Rules on risky investments using insured deposits and less reserves needed for derivatives held by multiple units of a firm.

Strange that this is ahead of some potential sour news from bank stress tests today after the market close. There has been speculation in the media that WFC dividend may be in trouble, but then a Fed VC warned about dividends in general. That may be code that some banks other than WFC may have dividend issues.

So, FDIC action earlier today reduced capital requirements for banks, and the Fed action later today may raise capital requirements for big banks.

Fed to cap bank dividend payments after completing stress test, COVID analysis

I had a buy order for VDE below $49. It about to touch but went back up during the last half hour. The order did not go through. But, what happened during the last half hour was not real but window dressing. Texas postpones opening. The number of virus cases have jumped yesterday and today in my county and the state. The death count is about the same daily count in the state. The day is yet to go. I am not buying at the prices what Wall Street wants. I want to buy only if they discount for all these factors. Otherwise, forget it. As Gabe says, I will save my pennies and transferred the cash to the bank. I will pay some loan.

Another thing. I am not sure if the market read the news from CDC. The CDC director says that the actual number of people who are affected by the virus could be 25 million - 10 times the confirmed cases because people have not been tested enough.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Everyone be sure to read up on "other strategies" tonight. It appears that may become a talking point in the near future. 

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@ECEPROF wrote:

Fed also bans stock buy backs along with div. cuts.

Big banks have already suspended buybacks voluntarily. So this directive doesn't have any effect.

But some big banks [other than WFC] were thinking of raising dividends and that is now deferred. Several regional banks not subject to stress tests increased their dividends recently.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Strategy Summary:

First-Hour Last-Hour (FHLH): Understood by many SMEs (Subject Matter Experts).

Hourly Murmuring and Misleading Reports (HMMR): a mystery; spoofing?  entertainment? 

Futures Optimization (FO): Questioned and examined by many SMEs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Hope Gabe is on vacation today, all day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Using horse racing language.......the morning line of this market is unfavorable.  (futures)

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Thus: Hold your horses?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

The market stumbled out of the gate......in the initial stage, the market is without strength and falls far behind. 

Pop and Mom investor once again taken for a ride at least at the start.

Keep an eye out for DOW 15,000 and S&P 2000.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Announcements