cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
     
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

@youth wrote:

Futures are in the toilet.  Cause......virus numbers!

Gabe


Dow !


Dow is having best quarter since qtr 1 1987.

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@youth wrote:

Guys....Never take life too seriously because you never get out of it alive.

Gabe


That is my sincere hope for you, too; and for everyone who reads your hourly posts.:)

Take care.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

I hate to rain on this parade, but maybe Gabe isn't wringing his hands over these hour by hour market fluctuations and just enjoys watching and commenting on it. A case could be made that it is just as exciting or more so than watching other people play golf :-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

As I had mentioned in my previous notes...watch the virus count and its impact on the market.  So.....the count went higher in Florida and the market is down 600 points.  An inverse relationship!

Well.....this is a fun hobby.  

Watch those pennies.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@archer wrote:

I hate to rain on this parade, but maybe Gabe isn't wringing his hands over these hour by hour market fluctuations and just enjoys watching and commenting on it. A case could be made that it is just as exciting or more so than watching other people play golf :-)


You are right on.....When spectators are allowed at the track, I will be there.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

As I had mentioned in my previous notes...watch the virus count and its impact on the market.  So.....the count went higher in Florida and the market is down 600 points.  An inverse relationship!

Well.....this is a fun hobby.  

Watch those pennies.

Gabe


 

These are the virus counts in the US for the last two days:

Monday, 6/22/20:   New cases: 31,496; New deaths: 363

Tuesday, 6/23/20:   New cases: 36,015; New deaths: 863

(source)

The take-home message from these numbers is up to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

@CarlosDS wrote:

@youth wrote:

As I had mentioned in my previous notes...watch the virus count and its impact on the market.  So.....the count went higher in Florida and the market is down 600 points.  An inverse relationship!

Well.....this is a fun hobby.  

Watch those pennies.

Gabe


 

These are the virus counts in the US for the last two days:

Monday, 6/22/20:   New cases: 31,496; New deaths: 363

Tuesday, 6/23/20:   New cases: 36,015; New deaths: 863

(source)

The take-home message from these numbers is up to you.


Same here in Tennessee. We may exceed the previous peak set in April. The reason I'm using "may" is because the current peak is being counted. The graph says, not completed yet. But, it keeps going up and up everyday. So, the trend is very clear.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Well....As I have noted many times this virus will handicap how the market performs.  The "experts" indicate the the 2nd half will greatly outperform.....not unless the virus is contained and a vaccine is available.  

Look for DOW 15,000 and S&P 2000.

Alternative investments.....thoroughbred partnerships, commercial real estate and precious metals are the go to investments. BTW Gold is at a 8 year high.  

But save your pennies.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@youth wrote:

Look for DOW 15,000 and S&P 2000.

Do hope you find them somewhere, someday.

 


 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Well.....the Dow lost over 700 points......Terrible.  Interestingly, it is easier to lose that number of points but so difficult to gain half of that.  

Tomorrow....probably gain a hundred or so in order to keep the mom and pop investor "interested" 

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

@youth wrote:

Well.....the Dow lost over 700 points......Terrible.  Interestingly, it is easier to lose that number of points but so difficult to gain half of that.  

Tomorrow....probably gain a hundred or so in order to keep the mom and pop investor "interested" 

Gabe


Window dressing days ahead. Besides, folks will also get the quarterly distributions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

It's like the third law of thermodynamics which says that if two bicyclists are riding on the same street but in opposite directions then the wind blows against both of them. Unless you are a day trader and thrive on volatility then the best strategy is to stand off to the side, leave your well diversified portfolio alone and read a book (at least until after the election).

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Well.......the market is wallowing in the toilet with the virus and unemployment situation.  Hold onto your umbrella.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Oh no; thought I escaped the toilet talk this morning.

Let's all run for the hills and gather there for further action.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

Well.......the market is wallowing in the toilet with the virus and unemployment situation.  Hold onto your umbrella.

Gabe

Can I get a little help please


Man With Umbrella Flying In Sky. Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty ...

Capital
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

Well.......the market is wallowing in the toilet with the virus and unemployment situation.  Hold onto your umbrella.

Gabe


Wait... I think that's at least four things I'm supposed to be holding on to, and I only have two hands and one mouth - unless I'm a monkey and can use my feet and tail?  But if I'm a monkey, why would I be invested?!?  Confusing...

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@racqueteer wrote:

@youth wrote:

Well.......the market is wallowing in the toilet with the virus and unemployment situation.  Hold onto your umbrella.

Gabe


Wait... I think that's at least four things I'm supposed to be holding on to, and I only have two hands and one mouth - unless I'm a monkey and can use my feet and tail?  But if I'm a monkey, why would I be invested?!?  Confusing...


I took the suspenders off and tied them around my belt. I've been breathing a bit better since I did. T

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Capital wrote:

@racqueteer wrote:

@youth wrote:

Well.......the market is wallowing in the toilet with the virus and unemployment situation.  Hold onto your umbrella.

Gabe


Wait... I think that's at least four things I'm supposed to be holding on to, and I only have two hands and one mouth - unless I'm a monkey and can use my feet and tail?  But if I'm a monkey, why would I be invested?!?  Confusing...


I took the suspenders off and tied them around my belt. I've been breathing a bit better since I did. 


Oooh...  Good thinking; that frees up at least two hands, but I think I'm still in trouble.  Maybe I better work on practicing with my feet!  I kind of think that growing a tail is unlikely though - Sorry Gabe!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@racqueteer wrote:

@Capital wrote:

@racqueteer wrote:

@youth wrote:

Well.......the market is wallowing in the toilet with the virus and unemployment situation.  Hold onto your umbrella.

Gabe


Wait... I think that's at least four things I'm supposed to be holding on to, and I only have two hands and one mouth - unless I'm a monkey and can use my feet and tail?  But if I'm a monkey, why would I be invested?!?  Confusing...


I took the suspenders off and tied them around my belt. I've been breathing a bit better since I did. 


Oooh...  Good thinking; that frees up at least two hands, but I think I'm still in trouble.  Maybe I better work on practicing with my feet!  I kind of think that growing a tail is unlikely though - Sorry Gabe!


I got a real dilemma here. I got the suspenders tied to my belt. I grabbed the umbrella and must have dropped the other two things. With all this hanging on to stuff I have forgotten what the other two things I am supposed to be  holding are. I can only assume that when the umbrella took off I dropped them. Can someone remind me what they were. There is a whole bunch of stuff on the floor from the umbrella incident. Just let me know what they are and I'll try to find them.

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Capital wrote:

@racqueteer wrote:

@Capital wrote:

@racqueteer wrote:

@youth wrote:

Well.......the market is wallowing in the toilet with the virus and unemployment situation.  Hold onto your umbrella.

Gabe


Wait... I think that's at least four things I'm supposed to be holding on to, and I only have two hands and one mouth - unless I'm a monkey and can use my feet and tail?  But if I'm a monkey, why would I be invested?!?  Confusing...


I took the suspenders off and tied them around my belt. I've been breathing a bit better since I did. 


Oooh...  Good thinking; that frees up at least two hands, but I think I'm still in trouble.  Maybe I better work on practicing with my feet!  I kind of think that growing a tail is unlikely though - Sorry Gabe!


I got a real dilemma here. I got the suspenders tied to my belt. I grabbed the umbrella and must have dropped the other two things. With all this hanging on to stuff I have forgotten what the other two things I am supposed to be  holding are. I can only assume that when the umbrella took off I dropped them. Can someone remind me what they were. There is a whole bunch of stuff on the floor from the umbrella incident. Just let me know what they are and I'll try to find them.


Finally got down to the ground floor. Thank goodness someone installed a bannister for me to hang on to. I found a hat hanging on the hat rack. That will come in handy when I go out in the sunshine later today. Everybody be real careful when you open that umbrella. 

Capital
0 Kudos
Announcements