cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

The market gave up a bunch in the last hour.  All 3 major indices disappointed.  All 3 were off their highs. A poor showing. 

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

@Intruder wrote:

@CarlosDS wrote:

Markets may be up or down today, but increased COVID numbers should be of concern.

I think that growth in the number of new cases could mean further economic pain and new market lows, with better entry prices for the timers. What a conundrum: should I be cheering for big a number of sick and dead people or a vaccine?

Stay safe everybody.   

Stocks will continue to go up because congress will pass another $2-3T recovery Law before Election Day to capture the hearts and minds of voters.

Unfortunately, I do not prefer being the richest man in the cemetery.  Regardless of the positive impact of the stimulus on the market......what good would it be for folks who more easily can contract the virus.  

Gabe

A lot of businesses,retirees and workers will benefit from from another recovery law because they are not earning enough money to pay expenses and need the cash to avoid being evicted. Dont know how anyone can object to government providing Additional Assistance to those who need it. I don’t need another $1200 But I would spend it to help the economy. 

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

@youth wrote:

The market gave up a bunch in the last hour.  All 3 major indices disappointed.  All 3 were off their highs. A poor showing. 

Gabe

The S&P finished up 0.43%, Dow up 0.5%, Nasdaq up 0.74% (setting a new record closing high!)

Only youth could see this as a poor showing. It's all gloom and doom - day in, day out.

Jerry

Highlighted
Participant ○

@cudaman wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

The S&P finished up 0.43%, Dow up 0.5%, Nasdaq up 0.74% (setting a new record closing high!)

Only youth could see this as a poor showing. It's all gloom and doom - day in, day out.

Jerry

He is looking at the horse from the wrong end...  

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@cudaman wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Jerry

Gabe’s analysis always focuses on why stocks declined from the high of the day regardless of how much stocks gained at the close which is why there is no value in his posts. 

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Actual market output (up, flat, down)

Normal reactive emotion (up, flat, down)

Someone's reactive emotion with doom/gloom: undermine up, add negativity to flat, and magnify/exaggerate down

Bottom line for such posts: @Intruder : little or no value. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Well, it is well understood that the first half and last half of a trading day is most telling.  Specifically, in the last half hour, there is an uptick of volatility whereby traders either take profits or extend a rally that occurred during the trading day.  A reverse direction (profit taking) signals  (taking money off the table) suggesting traders are being cautious or lack confidence that the market will be able to repeat the next day (perhaps)! Of course there may be rebalancing of portfolios as well.  

So....If I see that the market after being quite positive during the day and loses steam at the end (last half) that rings a bell for me. A market gaining steam in the last half hour after being down most of the day also rings a bell for me.

That is why I am most interested in the last half hour.  Of course the first half hour is also very important.....well...that is for another day.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

Well, it is well understood that the first half and last half of a trading day is most telling.

What about the middle half?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@chang wrote:

@youth wrote:

Well, it is well understood that the first half and last half of a trading day is most telling.

I think he meant the first half hour and the last half-hour.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@yogibearbull wrote:

@chang wrote:

@youth wrote:

I think he meant the first half hour and the last half-hour.

Yes,Yogi....you are correct.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

@chang wrote:

@youth wrote:

To paraphrase, Over 90% of the market is half mental...  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Futures are in the toilet.  Cause......virus numbers!

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

Gabe

What futures are you looking at?  QQQ futures are 248, down 0.7. MSFT at 201 down 0.4, AAPL 366, down 0.3.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I am not a trader. I am an Investor. I can tell you from my standpoint that if the DOW goes up 15,000 points over the next 10 years and then goes down a few points in the last half hour of June 24, 2030 it has still been a good 10 years. I also doubt very seriously if I will remember if the market went up or down today. Well that is my two pennies for today on this subject.

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Do you have to use such graphic and negative language in early morning when you yourself just said yesterday, "it is well understood that the first half (hour) and last half (hour) of a trading day is most telling"?

Do you even go by your own principle?

Talking about doom and gloom...

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@51hh wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Do you have to use such graphic and negative language in early morning when you yourself just said yesterday, "it is well understood that the first half (hour) and last half (hour) of a trading day is most telling"?

Do you even go by your own principle?

Talking about doom and gloom...

I guess youth missed the headline that SP 500 is having its best quarter since 1975. NASDAQ is having best quarter since 4th quarter 1999.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

What might be going on here is that the market has been running pretty fast down the track lately. It could be  getting kind of tired. Might be it's going to get off the track for a few to get a slurp of water and a bag of oats to eat. Any of you in the market for the long term, no I talking about real long term not just two or three days, should do alright. Sorry I guess this is my third and fourth penny today.

Capital
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Dow !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Guys....Never take life too seriously because you never get out of it alive.

Gabe

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I sure do wish that they would trade 10 year futures. That might be more fun to watch. 

Capital
0 Kudos
Announcements