cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Gabe,

Have you ever thought of getting together with ElLobo to collaborate on an investment blog? Combining your theories would open up a whole new way of looking at investing? Imagine 2X gambling.

veni vidi vici vti
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Bentley wrote:

Gabe,

Have you ever thought of getting together with ElLobo to collaborate on an investment blog? Combining your theories would open up a whole new way of looking at investing? Imagine 2X gambling.

Sounds like you place a $2 bet on a horse, you lose, and the track comes after another $2.

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@youth wrote:

So........Forget financial data for now and focus on the numbers of Covid!

Gabe

How?  This makes my crystal ball as clear as mud again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

There must be an official name for the behavioral affliction that "youth" suffers from. It can't be as simple as "Attention Seeking Disorder" (also known as "Look at Me Syndrome"). Any psychologists in the house?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

@Capital wrote:

@Bentley wrote:

Gabe,

Sounds like you place a $2 bet on a horse, you lose, and the track comes after another $2.

LOL! Even when the  market does nothing, Leverage does it more. There's nothing like gusto on an uneventful day!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@VA-Tech wrote:

There must be an official name for the behavioral affliction that "youth" suffers from. It can't be as simple as "Attention Seeking Disorder" (also known as "Look at Me Syndrome"). Any psychologists in the house?

I think that Gabe is getting a very good laugh with people that are trying to teach him how to lock at the markets without realizing that, based on his age and attitude, he is several times winner. IMO

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

@CarlosDS wrote:

@VA-Tech wrote:

I think that Gabe is getting a very good laugh with people that are trying to teach him how to lock at the markets without realizing that, based on his age and attitude, he is several times winner. IMO

+1. I also think that he is having fun from all the comments (or bricks) people throw at him. In fact, he makes a lot of sense to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@CarlosDS wrote:

For sure Gabe is in this for it’s entertainment value - so are we.  The thread certainly doesn’t provide any actionable information!  Anyone who takes any of this interaction seriously is too naive to be investing on their own.  8^b

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Yes, for daily entertainment only; to soften and lighten some of the serious/harsh back-and-forth exchanges here that often go nowhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@Poorfolio wrote:

Race tracks just opened (with restrictions) around my neck of the woods, Gabe!! If they let me in I'll raise a can of Coors Light on your name as thanks for your unwavering commitment. 

Thank you!  That is the issue unfortunately........these restrictions------spectators not allowed, to include Owners!

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

With respect to all....as I said, I see investing as an interesting hobby.  However, I do treat my hobby seriously.  As an older senior, I have reached critical mass many times over and am not dependent upon investment income or capital gain.  

Interestingly, I do find investing and thoroughbred racing quite similar in terms of how to exploit these venues.  

Good luck to all.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Back to topic: Going back and forth on (-181); we all know what that means...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Well.....the market wavered.  Two of the three indices closed positive.  

Coming into the deep stretch, the market found the wherewithal to partially erase the DOW's slight negative points.  The Nasdaq, S&P and Russell were positive.  

Triple witching tomorrow.....Volatility will prevail

Have 7 and 7 available.  (booze)

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Well...the Market is off strong at the gate.  

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@Bentley wrote:

Gabe,

Just read your post!  No.....I am a loner....been that way all of my life.  Thank you for your thought.  

Take Care,

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Apple's announcement re:  closing some stores in two states has caused the market to stumble.....in the red----- market needs to steady itself as it reaches the backstretch.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

Apple's announcement re:  closing some stores in two states has caused the market to stumble.....in the red----- market needs to steady itself as it reaches the backstretch.

Gabe

Horsey is getting tired?

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Around the turn......market getting exhausted.  Down 300.  Not good.  

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Sorry Gabe, it seems that Apple will close its stores in four states.

The stores to be closed are in Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina, four states tha...

Oh, yes. "They are being targetted unfairly."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@ECEPROF wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Sorry Gabe, it seems that Apple will close its stores in four states.

The stores to be closed are in Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina, four states tha...

Oh, yes. "They are being targetted unfairly."

AAPL was down less than 0.5%.

Announcements