cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

@youth wrote:
Dow futures are down 200.  The three indices are wallowing in the toilet.

Your futures indicator and your COVID-19 indicator missed the mark today. Instead of "wallowing in the toilet", all three indices started the first 1/2 hr more or less flat, finished the last 1/2 hr up. DOW +2.3%, S&P +1.5%, Nasdaq +1.2%. Gabe wrong again.

Jerry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@cudaman wrote:

@youth wrote:

Your futures indicator and your COVID-19 indicator missed the mark today. Instead of "wallowing in the toilet", all three indices started the first 1/2 hr more or less flat, finished the last 1/2 hr up. DOW +2.3%, S&P +1.5%, Nasdaq +1.2%. Gabe wrong again.

Jerry

Tomorrow you’d better hold onto your umbrella, suspenders, hats, underwear, socks, pets, wallets, face masks and stress balls!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@chang wrote:

@cudaman wrote:

@youth wrote:

Jerry

Tomorrow you’d better hold onto your umbrella, suspenders, hats, underwear, socks, pets, wallets, face masks and stress balls!

Jerry.....Not to worry.  Best keep those numbers in your piggy bank.  

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Virus is worsening........market futures taking its cues.  More than likely, we will give back some of what we gained yesterday.  Perhaps, more.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@youth wrote:

Virus is worsening........market futures taking its cues.  More than likely, we will give back some of what we gained yesterday.  Perhaps, more.

Gabe

You are getting very weak on your negativity, Gabe. 

Just say, for example only, that yesterday's jump was a dead-cat bounce (one-day wonder); anyone buying on the dip today will be like catching a falling knife.  Hold onto all the items listed by @chang above, get on this high-speed train for (DOW 15,000, S&P 500 2,000). :D

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Gabe is da man!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Wrong again Gabe. S&P +1.5%, Dow +0.8%, Nasdaq +1.9%. I hope no one is trading on your crystal ball. 

As a note, I have never heard you acknowledge you were wrong. Why is that?

Jerry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@cudaman : I could be wrong, but I recall that it was @VA-Tech that offered the following but Gabe claimed that he did not get (understand) it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbMKjLe-RFA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@cudaman wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Wrong again Gabe. S&P +1.5%, Dow +0.8%, Nasdaq +1.9%. I hope no one is trading on your crystal ball. 

As a note, I have never heard you acknowledge you were wrong. Why is that?

Jerry

In essence, I said "more than likely"  ..... suggesting not for certain.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Once again, the last half hour played an important part in today's market.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Gabe (youth) is what is commonly known in the industry as a "BAD PONY"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiythGg2Phg

5 easy steps to getting your pony in the trailer! Share this video with your friends if it made you laugh! :) Note: Buck is not actually hard to get in the t...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@VA-Tech wrote:

Gabe (youth) is what is commonly known in the industry as a "BAD PONY"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiythGg2Phg

I liked watching it.  Very funny.  The good news is that my stable has the personnel.....trainers, handlers etc. to manage all types of endeavors.  To have money nothing is impossible.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Once again the futures are in the toilet!  Starting the 3Q not favorable.  However, we have the whole trading day ahead.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

Once again the futures are in the toilet!  Starting the 3Q not favorable.  However, we have the whole trading day ahead.

Gabe

So, to sum up, anything can happen?  I'd just point out that futures are down A LITTLE (and improving at the moment), so unless your toilet is a LOT shallower than mine....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@youth wrote:
To have money nothing is impossible.

Gabe

Totally wrong.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@racqueteer wrote:

, anything can happen

That's what seems to be about the only thing you can expect from the stock market - LOL ::)

Oh and I might add "and if you wait long enough it certainly will"

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Well...the last half hour, the DOW "plunged" .....went from green to red.  Down about close to one half percent.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

0.30% to be exact.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

Well...the last half hour, the DOW "plunged" .....went from green to red.  Down about close to one half percent.

Gabe

Who cares about the crappy Dow. NASDAQ closed at record high, 10,154 up 96.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My portfolio must be all screwed up. The DOW went down and somehow my portfolio went up. How do I know what to expect with these kinds of results as compared to the futures, the DOW and that other thing? And then all that stuff I dropped that I'm supposed to be holding on to!! That umbrella was what really caused all the trouble. The bannister, the suspenders and the belt were all attached to me or the wall in the case of the bannister. I grabbed that dang umbrella just a a wind came out of the northwest and off I went flying and a dropping stuff I was holding all over the place. Dang it I missed the first half hour when the market went down and only got to see it after is went up. Got tired from all the commotion of the morning and over slept my siesta and missed the last half hour of the market. That's when the real stuff happens - the last half hour. If only I had a horse that could run I might be able to lose some real money so that I could take some business tax deductions and not pay all these taxes. Sorry for the rant but life just ain't fair.

Capital
0 Kudos
Announcements