cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Stock's Big Gains & Bigger Questions

@fred495 - I understand you invest not to lose money in uncertain times. I did the opposite as I’ve done since the late 80’s, threw everything I could spare into the market at the end of March when I felt the worse and I saw professional growth fund managers and their research departments get to work and start shopping. I also picked up about 4k in CEF income at 20-30% discounts. Just different and evidently opposite ways of investing. I invest to make money only in uncertain times as a retiree otherwise I stand pat and compound cheap fractional shares.

I don’t have any big questions. We’re in a trading range because daily news and few facts are directing market movements. The professional investors are buying equities at bargain prices and driving up values and the amateurs are sitting on the sidelines with trillions waiting for the herd to reenter the market at higher values. Same pattern as always.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

I feel like just Fred. But I wouldn't go all cash. I'd go 100% Harry Browne's Perpetual Portfolio.

25% LTT + 25% TSM + 25% Gold + 25% CASH.

If you're going to play defense at least play good straregic defense. 

Throwing all your "weapons" away to run and hide in the open is not the best strategy. At least build some type of "bunker". And then go hide. Inside.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@galeno wrote:

I feel like just Fred. But I wouldn't go all cash.

I agree with you, @galeno, and I am not "all cash". 

Rather, as I said previously, I "feel quite comfortable at present to invest primarily in high quality intermediate core/core-plus bond funds. Obviously, I am not a buy-and-hold type of investor and may trade them at any time."

My conservative portfolio has a quite satisfactory YTD gain of 3.95%.

Good luck,

Fred

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Managed bonds are fine. I thought you were going all cash.

@fred495 wrote:

@galeno wrote:

I feel like just Fred. But I wouldn't go all cash.

I agree with you, @galeno, and I am not "all cash". 

Rather, as I said previously, I "feel quite comfortable at present to invest primarily in high quality intermediate core/core-plus bond funds. Obviously, I am not a buy-and-hold type of investor and may trade them at any time."

My conservative portfolio has a quite satisfactory YTD gain of 3.95%.

Good luck,

Fred

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

I'm old I remember DOW 750 also remember walking into MER.LYNCH in early 80's they were having a big party DOW had just hit 1000,a whole lot has come & gone ,the BIG CRASH of 87 & many pull backs every few mos. have made alot of mistakes ,also made many good decisions & never sold out,always tried to add on dn. mkts. have plenty of DIVVY's commimg in every mo. from 20 CEF's & HD div.checks will stay the same.   [my chrystal Ball seems to be cracked]    TERRY

Announcements