cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Market

Futures down this AM.  Market inclined to give some back from yesterday's very good move. 

Gabe

0 Kudos
108 Replies
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: Market

All of our equities are up today.

World LC up 0.17%.

EM up 0.38%.

World SC up 0.39%.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

@youth

All your posts are basically the same nebulous diatribe that anyone can acquire in 5 sec by scanning the "futures" on any business-oriented website. What exactly is your value-added?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

youth - the market didn’t get the memo today. Get off the ledge it’s still all good long term.

Our governor opened half the state bars and some restaurants yesterday. Subject to social distancing, masks etc. but no tourism yet, baby steps. My county should be later this week. We can move the free driveway bar, bring a bottle and snacks to share, to a legitimate paying bar. Huh? Also “EAT” can go back to immunization of the unaware. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@VA-Tech wrote:

@youth

All your posts are basically the same nebulous diatribe that anyone can acquire in 5 sec by scanning the "futures" on any business-oriented website. What exactly is your value-added?

If you feel that way, don't read my note!

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

As predicted, the Market fell....giving back about a third of what it gained the day before.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Well....here we go once more!  Market higher this AM.  Will it end higher at 1PM PST?  Volatility remains.  Hang on to your suspenders.  

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

Well....here we go once more!  Market higher this AM.  Will it end higher at 1PM PST?  Volatility remains.  Hang on to your suspenders.  

Gabe

You're a funny fella :")

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

youth - you realize this is largely the smart money moving markets after the amateurs panicked making markets look worse then this 1% “crisis” is? Some of the best companies are making money, HD, LOW, WMT, AMZN, MSFT, tech in general. etc. It’s a good time to compose a list of maybe the current safest stocks to own long term.

It’s just a trading range with an upward slant. Check a chart, higher lows with higher gains almost weekly as conditions improve or are perceived as improving. The slow climb up the wall of woe not the irrational exuberance of the recent past. If only it stayed at this pace but it never will. You get occasional crazy ups and downs. Probably 13% more upside at this moment. That’s currently many years of MM returns and personal inflation.

Suspenders are no longer a fashion statement but a my wife is always in style. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@FatKat wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Actually, maybe something is wrong with Gabe  :-(  

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@FD1001 wrote:

@FatKat wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Perhaps loosening up his suspenders might help a little bit. Those things can make you really uncomfortable if they are too tight.

Capital
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

@steelpony10 wrote:

- you realize this is largely the smart money moving markets after the amateurs panicked making markets look worse then this 1% “crisis” is?

+1

IF we can open the economy without a MAJOR outbreak, there is a good chance that the market will hit new highs before the end of the year, if not, the first quarter of 2021. Five months ago, the market ( VTI ) was selling for 146; today, it is selling for 150. Why panic. Making portfolio adjustments during times of stress is most often a value losing strategy. When I see these, "what are you doing now" threads, I become concerned others may feel the need also to react.

Have a plan, implement your plan, and maintain your plan then enjoy the ride, bumps and all.

"There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.---Warren Buffett"

veni vidi vici vti
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@steelpony10 wrote:

youth - you realize this is largely the smart money moving markets after the amateurs panicked making markets look worse then this 1% “crisis” is? Some of the best companies are making money, HD, LOW, WMT, AMZN, MSFT, tech in general. etc. It’s a good time to compose a list of maybe the current safest stocks to own long term.

It’s just a trading range with an upward slant. Check a chart, higher lows with higher gains almost weekly as conditions improve or are perceived as improving. The slow climb up the wall of woe not the irrational exuberance of the recent past. If only it stayed at this pace but it never will. You get occasional crazy ups and downs. Probably 13% more upside at this moment. That’s currently many years of MM returns and personal inflation.

Suspenders are no longer a fashion statement but a my wife is always in style. 

Well, I will turn 81 next month and suspenders are fashionable for this old dog!

So....my posts are not representative of my financial position in the Market. In the 60 years if investing, I have designed a portfolio that is well suited for me.  Perhaps, I am too heavy invested in equities -------71% for my age but not my risk level.

Three pensions, SS, investments in commercial real estate and thoroughbred horsing and recently in medical surgical centers, I am investing  basically as a hobby....so the funds and equities I hold are sort of a monopoly game for me.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

youth - with those assets it sounds like you’ve won the Monopoly game. Back and forth every day sounds like a metronome. Ahh need it for a nap then. 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@steelpony10 wrote:

youth - with those assets it sounds like you’ve won the Monopoly game. Back and forth every day sounds like a metronome. Ahh need it for a nap then. 👍

And the beat goes on!  So...down one or two days and then up one day and.......  No telling what!

Best wagering on a maiden race!

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@FD1001 wrote:

@FatKat wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

I don't think he's obtuse.

"@youth wrote:

Three pensions, SS, investments in commercial real estate and thoroughbred horsing and recently in medical surgical centers, I am investing  basically as a hobby....so the funds and equities I hold are sort of a monopoly game for me.

Gabe"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

SP500 is down only 11% from it peak this year. That is a rather strong stock market.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth : "I am investing  basically as a hobby....so the funds and equities I hold are sort of a monopoly game for me."

The way you are posting hourly and anxiously does not reflect your style as a game or a hobby.  Very few here invest as a hobby/game even if they are rich.  It is real money we are talking about.

So are your hourly posts/comments also a game to you, for amusement?  I am certainly not amused by your posts (I know, I do not have to read them; but your prolificness and persistence really puzzle me).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

youth - I’ve always skipped the first two races. I did the triple crown races since I won my first race I believe in the early 60’s. Tim Tam I think was the horse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@51hh wrote:

@youth : "I am investing  basically as a hobby....so the funds and equities I hold are sort of a monopoly game for me."

The way you are posting hourly and anxiously does not reflect your style as a game or a hobby.  Very few here invest as a hobby/game even if they are rich.  It is real money we are talking about.

So are your hourly posts/comments also a game to you, for amusement?  I am certainly not amused by your posts (I know, I do not have to read them; but your prolificness and persistence really puzzle me).

Well....my thought is that you may better off reflecting upon other issues or ideas and not upon what may be motivating me to  post my thoughts.  Good luck!

Gabe

0 Kudos
Announcements