cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participant ○

Futures Mar 22, 2020

Well...DOW futures are down 157.....Best hold onto your suspenders.  

Gabe

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Highlighted
Participant ○

Re: Futures Mar 22, 2020

Will probably take some tax losses in my Fido brokerage retirement account now. [Corrected]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Where do you see DJIA futures trading around Sunday noon Central? Futures trading starts at Sunday 5pm Central.

There was a similar issue on a Sunday before and you acknowledged your mistake. Why again?

YBB
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Juris2 wrote:

Will probably take some tax losses in my TIRA now.

How can you take tax loss in TIRA?

Taxes are relevant in taxable account, not tax-deferred [TIRA] or tax-free [RIRA] accounts.

YBB
Highlighted
Participant ○○

@yogibearbull 

@youth 

"Where do you see DJIA futures trading around Sunday noon Central? Futures trading starts at Sunday 5pm Central.

There was a similar issue on a Sunday before and you acknowledged your mistake. Why again?"

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Yogi,

I think @youth has his futures thing running in a loop. He just forgot to load a new one.

Highlighted
Participant ○

@yogibearbull wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Where do you see DJIA futures trading around Sunday noon Central? Futures trading starts at Sunday 5pm Central.

There was a similar issue on a Sunday before and you acknowledged your mistake. Why again?

Mini DOW Updated Mar 20.....3:59 CDT DOW 18,883.  Down 157.   Marketwatch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@youth wrote:

@yogibearbull wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

This from Friday?   https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/future/djia%20futures?mod=home-page

CLOSED
Last Updated: Mar 20, 2020 3:59 p.m. CDTDelayed quote
$18,883 -157 -0.82%
YBB
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

@youth wrote:

@yogibearbull wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

March 20 at 3:59 - FYI that was the close last Friday. We went thru this last Sunday @youth  

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Yes, my comment about TIRA was erroneous. I should have said my Fidelity brokerage account! (I just created a TIRA there, and I guess it was on my mind....). My brokerage account is about 3X the total valuation of my TIRA.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

@yogibearbull wrote:

@youth wrote:

@yogibearbull wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

This from Friday?   https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/future/djia%20futures?mod=home-page

CLOSED
Last Updated: Mar 20, 2020 3:59 p.m. CDTDelayed quote
$18,883 -157 -0.82%

Sorry @yogibearbull  I posted before I saw this post.

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Friday was a big down day and the frozen CME screen shows that. Unclear what MarketWatch is showing.   https://www.cmegroup.com/

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Until this virus is controlled and or managed this market will spiral downward.........Everything has been thrown at from a financial perspective and nothing helps......so DOW 15000 (if we are lucky) and S&P 2000 (if we are lucky)

Alternative investments.......commercial real estate and thoroughbred partnerships is my saving grace.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@youth wrote:

Until this virus is controlled and or managed this market will spiral downward.........Everything has been thrown at from a financial perspective and nothing helps......so DOW 15000 (if we are lucky) and S&P 2000 (if we are lucky)

Alternative investments.......commercial real estate and thoroughbred partnerships is my saving grace.

Gabe

Well, CRE would be hit by coronavirus pandemic. What if horse catches it? 

YBB
Highlighted
Participant ○

@yogibearbull wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Well, CRE would be hit by coronavirus pandemic. What if horse catches it? 

Hey....anything can happen.  What happens if the sky should fall?  

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Well....A good possibility that we may go to DOW 15,000 by the end of this week. 

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

If the congressional bill gets signed into law, I believe it would reduce the Market's fall somewhat.  So....my thought is that DOW 15,000 might be extended to the middle of next week provided that there is no "real" movement on the virus.  S&P 2000 will be right along as well  

My breed is doing well....no health issues or virus infection.  

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Stock futures are up almost 500 points. So.......does it mean anything?  No!.   Unless we get a firm handle on this virus, it will probably turn around to negative throughout the evening till AM tomorrow and start going down south quickly  How about 500 points or so.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Well...Unless the market sees a clear path forward with signs that the virus is lessening this move upwards today will fade over the next few days.  So.....

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

@youth wrote:

Stock futures are up almost 500 points. So.......does it mean anything?  No!.   Unless we get a firm handle on this virus, it will probably turn around to negative throughout the evening till AM tomorrow and start going down south quickly  How about 500 points or so.

Gabe

Wrong! The DOW was up and finished today 2,613 points higher than your loss prediction. Yet we have another daily prediction from Gabe that we should all listen to. :)

Jerry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Cuda, not sure how many of these you have been thru but there needs to be more suffering and clarity to the entire situation. I hate seeing gabe’s prognostications but this ain’t over yet. You won’t know it’s over any more than when it starts. 

0 Kudos
Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.