cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Fed Signals interest rate stays near zero until 2023.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Re: Fed Signals interest rate stays near zero until 2023.

Time to bailout from bond funds....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Kings60Man 

I never invested in OEF bond funds. But, I have heavy investments in CEFs. Even today, I bought a few tens of shares of a new CEF (HIX).

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/HIX?p=HIX

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Not exactly a surprise given the time it will take to pour $Ts into the economy to get unemployment below 5% to revive small business and the depressed sectors such as auto, airlines, retail, REITs, leisure, hotels, etc.

Most T Bond yields will be lower than the rate of inflation which begs the question of how will fixed income retirees survive the prolonged low Bond yields without lowering their expenses and/or living more cheaply. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Intruder wrote:

Not exactly a surprise given the time it will take to pour $Ts into the economy to get unemployment below 5% to revive small business and the depressed sectors such as auto, airlines, retail, REITs, leisure, hotels, etc.

Most T Bond yields will be lower than the rate of inflation which begs the question of how will fixed income retirees survive the prolonged low Bond yields without lowering their expenses and/or living more cheaply. 

LOL. May be with goverment stimulus checks?

Highlighted
Contributor ○

I am now 75/25.  R/O 80/20  Perhaps too high for an 81 year old.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Announcements