cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Fed Announcement YCC

I believe interest rates will remain very low for some time and agree with the Fed to not entertain buying long term bonds to protect rates from rising.

My grandson just got a house loan.....VA for 2.2%  Wow! Nothing down 30 years.

Gabe

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fed Announcement YCC

@youth wrote:

I believe interest rates will remain very low for some time and agree with the Fed to not entertain buying long term bonds to protect rates from rising.

Gabe

Fixed income yields will remain at or below the rate of inflation currently, about 1.4%, for the foreseeable future. Fed policy is to continue 0 fed funds rate until 2022 which will make it difficult to survive on yield from bonds. I will invest in dividend paying stocks with higher yields taxed at lower cap gains rates.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: Fed Announcement YCC

@Intruder wrote:

@youth wrote:

Gabe

Fixed income yields will remain at or below the rate of inflation currently, about 1.4%, for the foreseeable future. Fed policy is to continue 0 fed funds rate until 2022 which will make it difficult to survive on yield from bonds. I will invest in dividend paying stocks with higher yields taxed at lower cap gains rates.

I agree!

Gabe

0 Kudos
Announcements