cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

David Tepper: the stock market is one of the most overpriced he’s ever seen,

(link)

• Appaloosa Management founder David Tepper’s comments helped escalate a stock sell-off.
  • The S&P 500′s forward price-earnings ratio based on estimates for the next 12 months has ballooned to above 20, a level not seen since 2002.
  • “The market is pretty high and the Fed has put a lot of money in here,” Tepper said. “There’s been different misallocation of capital in the markets. ...The market is by anybody’s standard pretty full.”
  • He also said some Big Tech stocks like Amazon, Facebook and Alphabet may be “fully valued.”

There are not many experts I pay attention to but Tepper is one of them. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: David Tepper: the stock market is one of the most overpriced he’s ever seen,

@FD1001 wrote:

(link)

• Appaloosa Management founder David Tepper’s comments helped escalate a stock sell-off.
  • The S&P 500′s forward price-earnings ratio based on estimates for the next 12 months has ballooned to above 20, a level not seen since 2002.
  • “The market is pretty high and the Fed has put a lot of money in here,” Tepper said. “There’s been different misallocation of capital in the markets. ...The market is by anybody’s standard pretty full.”
  • He also said some Big Tech stocks like Amazon, Facebook and Alphabet may be “fully valued.”

There are not many experts I pay attention to but Tepper is one of them. 

I think only the most risk adverse are left in the market at the moment. But if his influence shakes out enough he can make his prophesy come true. For buy and holders this to will pass. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: David Tepper: the stock market is one of the most overpriced he’s ever seen,

A hedge Manager (although pretty rich) ; timing, content, and the biased nature (e.g., "most overpriced", what analysis does it based on??) of the discussions are simply not worth of my attention.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@51hh wrote:

A hedge Manager (although pretty rich) ; timing, content, and the biased nature (e.g., "most overpriced", what analysis does it based on??) of the discussions are simply not worth of my attention.

This is absolutely your choice. Tepper is different than most and much more open about his thinking and position. 

"what analysis does it based on??"  did you even read/listen to it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Another noise generator in my opinion. He has an advantage over all of us because in travels circles that impact the economy and investment banking- I don't think he is going share any of that in a PR piece!

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

All the while “don’t fight the FED” advice is prudent. The market can be overvalued and keep going up too. 

@blackfoot wrote:

Another noise generator in my opinion. He has an advantage over all of us because in travels circles that impact the economy and investment banking- I don't think he is going share any of that in a PR piece!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@FD1001 wrote:

This is absolutely your choice. 

Good enough for me. 

I did read the CNBC piece (but his objectivity is my main concern), little relevant analysis to support his current remarks (e.g., second-most overpriced market).  Just my humble opinion.

Thank you very much for bringing it to our attention and consideration!

Peace and stay safe. :)

0 Kudos
Announcements