youth
Explorer ○○○

Correction on the horizon?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DocWu
Explorer ○○○

Re: Correction on the horizon?

I got one hand on my wallet ready to buy when it comes.

0 Kudos
jaxmax
Follower ○○○

Lots of economic indicators point south including 1)home construction down 5 of 6 months 2) commercial construction spending for 5 months 3) trade down 4) capital spending in recession 5 ) negative new business creation 6) retail sales falling in past 2 months 7) today's ism manufacturing number below expectations showing the fourth month of declines  8) increased tarriffs and likelihood of further tarriff later this month.   Not much to pin a continuation of an expansionary economy in the horizon.

jaxmax
Bentley
Contributor ○

@jaxmax wrote:

Lots of economic indicators point south including 1)home construction down 5 of 6 months 2) commercial construction spending for 5 months 3) trade down 4) capital spending in recession 5 ) negative new business creation 6) retail sales falling in past 2 months 7) today's ism manufacturing number below expectations showing the fourth month of declines  8) increased tarriffs and likelihood of further tarriff later this month.   Not much to pin a continuation of an expansionary economy in the horizon.

STOP IT, YOU’RE SCARING THE CHILDREN! 🙀

0 Kudos
sugarhill6
Explorer ○○

I would not be a buyer here just based on stock valuations.    I need to see more clarity on trade anyway.  Today's announcement from the US on Argentina and Brazil does not help.   

@jaxmax wrote:

0 Kudos
outandabout
Participant ○○○

The inevitable pull-back is on the horizon, but there are investments for the active investor if they do their DD.

0 Kudos
FD1001
Valued Contributor

@youth wrote:

Hold on to your suspenders!

Gabe

It looks to me as the continuation of the thread How will the Market Do in December that you just started yesterday.  Are you expecting someone to know what stocks will do soon or if the correction is on the horizon?

0 Kudos
Intruder
Participant ○○○

Some posters have nothing else to during the winter when they spend too much time indoors.

FD1001
Valued Contributor

@jaxmax wrote:

Economic news don't have a high correlation to the stock market in the short term and why I don't listen to them.  Tariffs have been discussed for months.   

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/04/what-is-the-stock-market-and-how-does-it-relate-to-the-economy.html

0 Kudos
Gary1952
Contributor ○○○

Am hoping the futures foresee a correction?

0 Kudos
RichinKansas
Explorer ○○○

I hope your not listening to one of the scaremongers. Just checked CNBC , one of my favorites.

"S&P 500 posts biggest decline in nearly two months, DOW drops 250 points to kick off December"

"That big fourth-quarter growth scare looks like it’s not happening"

Worse day for the S&P 500 in 2 zillion years.

Well they don't know. Their only point in scary headlines is it draws more readers.

A correction will come, a recession will come, and another recovery after that. Just stay invested in equities and I will let you all know when the recession is around the corner. Stay tuned, I have my crystal ball in front of me.

Rich

youth
Explorer ○○○

SLAMMED!

Gabe

0 Kudos
Announcements

To learn more about the recent changes to Morningstar.com, please see the updated FAQ.

See recent posts and all our forums or access the old forums here.

You can read the community guidelines in