cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Analysis - My thoughts and thanks

@FatKat wrote:

That's funny, you are going to show him your personal investment data, when you are proved correct he has to publically state he is an idiot?

I don't understand what the data on VWIAX, showing about 6% with a SD of 6.+, compared with SPY has to do with your proof?

Personally I'd find you most credible when you stick to your informative posts and ignore personal conflicts. 

In order to get my results, you must be a good trader.  I have used mostly bond funds in the last 3 years. VWIAX which is a conservative fund is way behind. SPY is all stocks beat my performance but SD was many times higher. It's extremely difficult to get good performance with SD < 3.

So, if I take the risk and show someone my portfolio in return I must see what I have asked.  It's a 2-way street.

You can also assume I will save this post forever and keep bringing it up in the future.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@PaulR888 wrote:

Rac ...  This is my last post on this.  There is no other interpretation of the data, only his,  Someone mention fund A and he will conclude no good because fund B has better metrics.  Case closed Mr. Stupid for mentioning fund A.  My point is Mr, Knowitall actually knows nothing more than anybody else.  He lists all the funds and interprets the data and went so far as to give us 3 sleep well bond funds that EACH ONE tanked 13%.  And when I asked him to respond he said, well Corona came along.  Yet he criticized my for having 1 fund out of 5 that tanked 13%.  Oh, and he always conveniently used greater interpretation because he always exits before bad things happen.  You can defend him all you want, but he has historically stalked me and criticized me and I only give him back what he gives me.  I know longer see Gatorbyter post and he had same run in with him.  And many other don't post either.  Like someone else we know, he has a high floor but a low ceiling of support.  He once left this Forum and went to Fido because he said smarter more civil crowd there.  For me, this will not end until the IGNORE button is re-invented.  Until then, I will respond when and as I **bleep** well please. 

Don't get mad at me, Paul; I've not told ANYONE what to think, who to believe, that their behavior is either laudable or despicable, etc.  It's not my place to DO that, and I've no interest in it.  I have no 'side' in this fight.  I'm unwilling to be either defender OR accuser despite the frustration that apparently causes in some others.  Btw, I'm unaware of "defending" him in ANY of my responses.  I did (eventually) indicate that my experiences with him lead me to accept his word about what he did at face value.  I have, after all, no evidence to the contrary, but I've taken no position on his attitude or behavior toward others.

My op had nothing to do with any of the problems you guys are having with him.  He, and others, provided data in an organized way for us to use.  Can we agree that is a good thing?  Certainly if it was a good thing for others to do, then it must have been a good thing in HIS case also?  In other threads, I've raised some of the same concerns you did with how he was interpreting the data.  SD has limitations unless the time frame is very current.  Even there it can lead to unexpected outcomes if circumstances change suddenly.  That has nothing to do with this thread.  My personal opinions about Norbert, FD, etc aren't really relevant to the numbers/data they may elect to provide.  I don't have to agree with them, like them, respect them, etc, to make use of raw data.  That's been the extent of my position throughout this thread.  Some get that; some do not; I have no control over that aspect of things.

Again, I don't have a dog in this race.  I harbor no animus for anyone involved, and have no intention of picking a side.  I firmly hope we ALL prosper and stay healthy!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@FD1001 wrote:

@FatKat wrote:

That's funny, you are going to show him your personal investment data, when you are proved correct he has to publically state he is an idiot?

I don't understand what the data on VWIAX, showing about 6% with a SD of 6.+, compared with SPY has to do with your proof?

Personally I'd find you most credible when you stick to your informative posts and ignore personal conflicts. 

In order to get my results, you must be a good trader.  I have used mostly bond funds in the last 3 years. VWIAX which is a conservative fund is way behind. SPY is all stocks beat my performance but SD was many times higher. It's extremely difficult to get good performance with SD < 3.

So, if I take the risk and show someone my portfolio in return I must see what I have asked.  It's a 2-way street.

You can also assume I will save this post forever and keep bringing it up in the future.

Keep it, that's your business, not mine. 

I know you are a trader and good at it, no need to prove it. Keep your actual investment data private. 

Here is my advice; if you know you are right, then you do not have to justify it .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

FD,

I already replied to your 9% claim by congratulating you and saying that my returns were lower for the period. Post your account history if you want, no problem. Just don't bother me with it. I get too much mail as it is.

You also told me that you drive a very impressive car. I replied that I don't even own a car, not even a Yugo. You win again!

You're obviously a very impressive individual.  But, you're missing something fundamental. Can you guess what it is?

N.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@racqueteer wrote:

@PaulR888 wrote:

Rac ...  This is my last post on this.  There is no other interpretation of the data, only his,  Someone mention fund A and he will conclude no good because fund B has better metrics.  Case closed Mr. Stupid for mentioning fund A.  My point is Mr, Knowitall actually knows nothing more than anybody else.  He lists all the funds and interprets the data and went so far as to give us 3 sleep well bond funds that EACH ONE tanked 13%.  And when I asked him to respond he said, well Corona came along.  Yet he criticized my for having 1 fund out of 5 that tanked 13%.  Oh, and he always conveniently used greater interpretation because he always exits before bad things happen.  You can defend him all you want, but he has historically stalked me and criticized me and I only give him back what he gives me.  I know longer see Gatorbyter post and he had same run in with him.  And many other don't post either.  Like someone else we know, he has a high floor but a low ceiling of support.  He once left this Forum and went to Fido because he said smarter more civil crowd there.  For me, this will not end until the IGNORE button is re-invented.  Until then, I will respond when and as I **bleep** well please. 

Don't get mad at me, Paul; I've not told ANYONE what to think, who to believe, that their behavior is either laudable or despicable, etc.  It's not my place to DO that, and I've no interest in it. 

I have no 'side' in this fight.  I'm unwilling to be either defender OR accuser despite the frustration that apparently causes in some others.  Btw, I'm unaware of "defending" him in ANY of my responses.  I did (eventually) indicate that my experiences with him lead me to accept his word about what he did at face value.  I have, after all, no evidence to the contrary, but I've taken no position on his attitude or behavior toward others.

Racq, I have read through your many posts and believe you have been consistant with your above paragraph. From all your posts, one paragraph resonates most with me:

"Now it happens that I know FD from many years back. Not just online, but personally. I remember when he was VERY transparent. When he posted his holdings. When he indicated his moves. On the basis of my previous interactions with him, I'M inclined to accept what he says, but I understand that, without evidence, there's no reason for anyone else to do that"

One is either inclined to believe FD1001 or is not. It seems no more needs to be said on this subjest matter.

My op had nothing to do with any of the problems you guys are having with him.  He, and others, provided data in an organized way for us to use.  Can we agree that is a good thing?  Certainly if it was a good thing for others to do, then it must have been a good thing in HIS case also?  In other threads, I've raised some of the same concerns you did with how he was interpreting the data.  SD has limitations unless the time frame is very current.  Even there it can lead to unexpected outcomes if circumstances change suddenly.  That has nothing to do with this thread.  My personal opinions about Norbert, FD, etc aren't really relevant to the numbers/data they may elect to provide.  I don't have to agree with them, like them, respect them, etc, to make use of raw data.  That's been the extent of my position throughout this thread.  Some get that; some do not; I have no control over that aspect of things.

Again, I don't have a dog in this race.  I harbor no animus for anyone involved, and have no intention of picking a side.  I firmly hope we ALL prosper and stay healthy!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@PaulR888 wrote:

Rac ...  For me, this will not end until the IGNORE button is re-invented.  Until then, I will respond when and as I **bleep** well please. 

I am not Racq, obviously. But, as I said previously, if you don't like his "relentless bragging", as you call it, just don't read his posts. They are all clearly marked with his initials in big fat letters. You can't miss them. It's really that simple.

Unfortunately, you don't seem to realize that your repetitive and quite graphic personal attacks on another poster, e.g., "He would make me want to bust him in the chops every time", are very tiresome and quite unproductive. You have been an M* user long enough to to know that your request for an "IGNORE button" may be in the wishful thinking category.

Hence, @PaulR888, I am appealing to your better angels to please consider using your extensive knowledge and investment acumen in a more positive manner in the future by refraining from ad hominem attacks. Quite a number of us here will really appreciate it in our ongoing efforts to maintain, and possibly improve, a financially secure retirement in these very difficult times.

Thanks,

Fred

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@norbertc wrote:

FD,

I already replied to your 9% claim by congratulating you and saying that my returns were lower for the period. Post your account history if you want, no problem. Just don't bother me with it. I get too much mail as it is.

You also told me that you drive a very impressive car. I replied that I don't even own a car, not even a Yugo. You win again!

You're obviously a very impressive individual.  But, you're missing something fundamental. Can you guess what it is?

N.

6/29/2020

You insinuated several times that unless I don't post all my trades in real time there is no way to verify my results.  There is no way to make my results without being a good trader when you invest mostly in bond OEFs.   

Sure, I bragged a bit because the results are pretty good, and contrary to many articles and researches I have read over the years that it can not be done.

As expected you backed off pretty quickly because it would prove my point.  With that in mind you deserve the following:

tenor.gif

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

We all need humility in general.:)

And mutual respect for one another.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@51hh wrote:

We all need humility in general.:)

And mutual respect for one another.

Oh, GOD; good luck with THAT, but wouldn't it be nice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Sorry for the delay in replying. Island living places great demands on my time.

Thanks for offering to post your trades for a selected (past) time period for one of your accounts. 

I suggest we focus on the future, not the past. Otherwise people might think you're just cherry picking a lucky streak. 

How about posting all your trades going forward from here for the next three years? That will offer you the opportunity to silence the skeptics once and for all about your Yugo Racing strategy.

download.jpeg

It's bizarre that you enjoy bragging to total strangers on the Internet, but I'm cool with it. Still, my advice is to go with total transparency.

Maybe post a photo of your car too?

@FD1001 wrote:

@norbertc wrote:

FD,

N.

6/29/2020

You insinuated several times that unless I don't post all my trades in real time there is no way to verify my results.  There is no way to make my results without being a good trader when you invest mostly in bond OEFs.   

Sure, I bragged a bit because the results are pretty good, and contrary to many articles and researches I have read over the years that it can not be done.

As expected you backed off pretty quickly because it would prove my point.  With that in mind you deserve the following:

tenor.gif

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@norbertc wrote:

Sorry for the delay in replying. Island living places great demands on my time.

Thanks for offering to post your trades for a selected (past) time period for one of your accounts. 

I suggest we focus on the future, not the past. Otherwise people might think you're just cherry picking a lucky streak. 

How about posting all your trades going forward from here for the next three years? That will offer you the opportunity to silence the skeptics once and for all about your Yugo Racing strategy.

download.jpeg

It's bizarre that you enjoy bragging to total strangers on the Internet, but I'm cool with it. Still, my advice is to go with total transparency.

Maybe post a photo of your car too?

@FD1001 wrote:

@norbertc wrote:

FD,

N.

6/29/2020

tenor.gif

Decided to delete due to off color joke.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Sorry, @FD1001, but I can't respond to your PM from this morning since M* doesn't recognize your user name at this time. But, I hear you and share your frustration.

Remember, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Don't waste your time and energy, unnecessarily.

Keep up your valuable bond fund analysis contributions. It's much appreciated.

Fred

0 Kudos
Announcements