cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@waffle wrote:

India just banned some 60 Chinese apps. Also banned Huewai from govt contracts. More business decoupling in progress. 

My guess - China does not care.

This is a result of India-China border tensions bubbling up with several casualties recently after years/decades of uneasy truce.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

The 29 Jun issue of Bloomberg Businessweek has a very interesting and informative article pertaining to investing in China, titled "The Bubble That Never Pops".  Anyone thinking about investing in China might want to read it.  I get the actual magazine, so all I can do is let folks know it's out there.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@rhythmmethod wrote:

@chang wrote:

MATFX has been on a tear, @rhythmmethod. I’m glad I bought it, but I wish I’d been bolder and more a larger starting position. I added once after my initial buy. On the next dip, I’ll add again.

I always tell myself that I’ll add $X on the next “big dip”, but when that dip comes, I invariably add only around 20-25% of what I told myself I would do.

@chang  Yep, one of my many 'sell the drama' mistakes. I'm glad I re-bought some even though below my original purchase. I've trickled a little more $ on the few slight down days. In general, I'm looking to increase that and VIGI as a potential hedge against possible lower U.S. $. I'm looking for that big dip as well. So, it is also with AAPL, MSFT, AMZN - What a market?!?! Stay well, man!

I’m sure you noticed @rhythmmethod that MATFX jumped 3% today. It’s consistently outpacing MIAPX/MPACX, which I own much more of. I wish my holdings were reversed. I wish I’d bought more MATFX when I first bought it — to hell with buckets and pyramiding up! Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 7.

I really owe you a commission since you first brought the fund to my notice. Sadly, M* doesn’t allow for private money transfers. But if you have a favorite animal charity, I will send them $100. Sorry, I only donate to a animal welfare charities. More than enough money going to feed starving children and nowhere near enough money going to prevent animal abuse (which is sadly on-topic regarding China).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

I have Artyx. It is doing well too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@chang wrote:

@rhythmmethod wrote:

@chang wrote:

MATFX has been on a tear, @rhythmmethod. I’m glad I bought it, but I wish I’d been bolder and more a larger starting position. I added once after my initial buy. On the next dip, I’ll add again.

I always tell myself that I’ll add $X on the next “big dip”, but when that dip comes, I invariably add only around 20-25% of what I told myself I would do.

@chang  Yep, one of my many 'sell the drama' mistakes. I'm glad I re-bought some even though below my original purchase. I've trickled a little more $ on the few slight down days. In general, I'm looking to increase that and VIGI as a potential hedge against possible lower U.S. $. I'm looking for that big dip as well. So, it is also with AAPL, MSFT, AMZN - What a market?!?! Stay well, man!

I’m sure you noticed @rhythmmethod that MATFX jumped 3% today. It’s consistently outpacing MIAPX/MPACX, which I own much more of. I wish my holdings were reversed. I wish I’d bought more MATFX when I first bought it — to hell with buckets and pyramiding up! Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 7.

I really owe you a commission since you first brought the fund to my notice. Sadly, M* doesn’t allow for private money transfers. But if you have a favorite animal charity, I will send them $100. Sorry, I only donate to a animal welfare charities. More than enough money going to feed starving children and nowhere near enough money going to prevent animal abuse (which is sadly on-topic regarding China).

Glad it worked out. I wish I more MATFX. Actually animal welfare is one of my pet projects as well. Just pick your favorite one and toss a few coins. We'll get together after this mess and you can buy the first round. Stay well!

0 Kudos
Announcements