cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Trolling and The Troll: A series

With a nod to Bob Newhart . . . . . 

I don't like trolls and I take every opportunity to denigrate them.  For the troll - and you know who you are - denigrate means to 'put down.'

I'm considering doing a series of posts, maybe one every two or three days, examining the subject of investment board trolling and the troll who would do that.  Although I haven't given it all that much thought, several topics for original posts come to mind, such as . . . . 

> Definition of trolling, including recent real-life examples of obnoxious trolling behavior

> Description of likely physical characteristics of the troll, including lack of stature, small hands, humped back and unpleasant body odors

> Examination of emotional immaturity of the troll, including childish 'gotcha' behaviors usually associated with third graders

> Thoughts on the juvenile urge to engage in baiting behavior and the motivation of the troll who considers herself a master baiter

> A study of the intellectual deficiencies of the troll, including the inability to utilize correct spelling, syntax and grammar

> Exploration of the fantasy world of the troll, including the propensity to make up crap about themselves that they think will impress others

> Summary of a peer-reviewed study researching the high incidence of cross dressing and non-stop flatulence of the troll

> Suggestions for the eradication of the troll

14 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trolling and The Troll: A series

@cliff wrote:

With a nod to Bob Newhart . . . . . 

I don't like trolls and I take every opportunity to denigrate them.  For the troll - and you know who you are - denigrate means to 'put down.'

I'm considering doing a series of posts, maybe one every two or three days, examining the subject of investment board trolling and the troll who would do that.  Although I haven't given it all that much thought, several topics for original posts come to mind, such as . . . . 

> Definition of trolling, including recent real-life examples of obnoxious trolling behavior

> Description of likely physical characteristics of the troll, including lack of stature, small hands, humped back and unpleasant body odors

> Examination of emotional immaturity of the troll, including childish 'gotcha' behaviors usually associated with third graders

> Thoughts on the juvenile urge to engage in baiting behavior and the motivation of the troll who considers herself a master baiter

> A study of the intellectual deficiencies of the troll, including the inability to utilize correct spelling, syntax and grammar

> Exploration of the fantasy world of the troll, including the propensity to make up crap about themselves that they think will impress others

> Summary of a peer-reviewed study researching the high incidence of cross dressing and non-stop flatulence of the troll

> Suggestions for the eradication of the troll

Glad to see your back to your old self, you had us worried for a while..............:))

veni vidi vici vti
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@Bentley wrote:

Glad to see your [SIC] back to your old self, you had us worried for a while..............:))

It should be 'you're' as in you are.

The spelling, syntax, grammar thing.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@cliff wrote:

@Bentley wrote:

Glad to see your [SIC] back to your old self, you had us worried for a while..............:))

Doing what you do best. If you could invest as well as you can spell you would be a wealthy guy...........:))

Maybe I should also start a "series" : How the Bogleheads outperformed Buffett.

veni vidi vici vti
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

You are what people think you are.  Dividends are irrelevant.  EMH is the ultimate Kool-aid.  Seed Corn is for farmers, not investors.  Zion can sing meatloaf songs, but meatloaf can't dunk.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@bilperk wrote:

"You are what people think you are."  

True that.  That was one of the advantages of the legacy forums.  Posters of all stripes had the opportunity to think what they would about other posters.  And were free to IGNORE the troll with the check of a box.

We know how that turned out.  An all-time record 487 IGNORES for the troll.  After a fairly short period of time, the troll just spent time whizzing off a dock all by herself.

And for the record, Bill, I do not know who started the rumor about the ugly dog.  I certainly didn't.  I don't know if the dog is ugly or not.  I mean it could be ugly and I wouldn't know it.  That's for sure.  Of course, the word is out there that the dog is ugly and there usually is some basis for a rumor like that but who really knows.  And if the dog is indeed ugly that doesn't mean that the ugly dog isn't treated kindly.  At least let's hope the dog, if ugly, is treated kindly.  After all, the dog doesn't know it's ugly, if it is.  That's why I'd never denigrate an ugly dog.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Thank you Cliff,

Let's start with Suggestions for the eradication of the troll.

I know I went to the last thing, but I think it the most important.

I suggest that the troll move along. These aren't the droids you're looking for, please move along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihyjXd2C-E8

"These aren't the droids you're looking for" Movie: Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope Please like the video and subscribe to my channel for more Star Wars cl...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

As for ugly dogs,

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

And another little side note. I really hate when people try to hide their obviously nasty innuendos with a stupid little smiley face!!

Are they stupid? ;)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Bill,

I think there are ugly dogs.

I don't know the ugly dogs.  I only have good looking dogs. But I know for a fact ugly dogs exist. Proof?

Just look at your typical trolls. Trolls usually have ugly dogs, that's a fact!! And they can't spell. ;)

Fishingrod

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@cliff wrote:

@Bentley wrote:

Cliff,

Pointing to errors in syntax, spelling, and grammar on an investment forum may float your boat, but you should not be surprised if we turn the spotlight on your posting errors. I have taken the time to highlight some of your errors in your OP with appropriate "rules" to help you improve your writing.

I'm considering doing a series of posts, maybe one every two or three days, examining the subject of investment board trolling and the troll who would do that. Although I haven't given it all that much thought, several topics for original posts come to mind, such as . . . .
> Description of likely physical characteristics of the troll, including lack of stature, small hands, humped back(,) and unpleasant body odors  ( Missing a comma before the conjunction and. Should be used when and joins independent thoughts. The word and is a conjunction, and when a conjunction joins two independent clauses, you should use a comma with it. )
> A study of the intellectual deficiencies of the troll, including the inability to utilize correct spelling, syntax(,) and grammar (Missing a comma before the conjunction and. Should be used when and joins independent thoughts. The word and is a conjunction, and when a conjunction joins two independent clauses, you should use a comma with it. )

> Suggestions for the eradication of the troll  You have been leaving the hyphen out of cross-dressing for years, and you criticize my spelling?

A couple+ of hints.

If you want to ignore someone, don't read their posts; its really quite easy.

If you want to be taken seriously, don't exaggerate, inflate or makeup stuff.

If you want to ignore someone, don't write a series about them.

And now this is a really important one; don't write about, respond to, or mention those you pretend to ignore; it makes you look silly.

Finally, rather than rant about kudos and legacy forum functions, try posting some of that inefficient market non-sense you were so good at. Teach us again about MLP's and energy and the value of concentrated portfolios. At least attempt to post investment related subject matter.

Quarantining is frustrating but let's get along and discuss strategies and products and lay off the personal snips.

veni vidi vici vti
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Just for an example,

"Let’s say your dog has so many great qualities that you just have to tell the world. When you list your dog’s qualities, you have to use a comma after each quality you list except the one that comes immediately before and. That comma is optional."

Your dog is young, well trained, and ugly.
Your dog is young, well trained and ugly.

The sentence is correct with or without the comma before and. (There are a few exceptions that require you to use the Oxford comma in a list, but they are pretty rare.) Just be consistent. Don’t switch back and forth in the same document between using the Oxford comma and not using it.

Don't be a cross-dressing(who would know) ugly dog.

Don't personal snipe all the time disguised with a smile. ;)

Move along, move along!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@Fishingrod wrote:

Bill,

I think there are ugly dogs.

Just look at your typical trolls. Trolls usually have ugly dogs, that's a fact!! And they can't spell. 

‘rod

I think most intelligent , non-indexers would agree with you.  I actually feel sorry for the ugly dogs that have to put up with the insecure, overweight, pimply people they depend upon for their kibble.  It’s just tragic.

But, hey, this is the income forum, populated by people who are intelligent and who have a certain objective.  We know how to IGNORE the riffraf.

And still have compassion for their ugly dogs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@outandabout wrote:

Is your wife or your dog man's best friend?

Wanna know who loves you more? Put your spouse and your dog in the trunk of a car and drive around for an hour. When you open the trunk, who's happy to see you?

Did a test.  Is this the wife, or the dog?  8-)

Ugly dog.jpg

ElLobo, de la casa de la toro caca grande
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

An ugly dog can become absolutely georgeous with a bit of makeup.

A low PEG + good relative strength = instant beauty.

0 Kudos
Announcements