cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Re: Things may be getting interesting again...

I just picked up some JPM 87.50 and WFC 26.80. I'll add to both of those if they go lower. Take care, Copie!

@copie wrote:

I just bought JPM at $88.59. Would not surprise me if it and Wells F. went lower. 

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

You guys are a lot braver than me. I'm not going near anything at the moment and don't anticipate doing so for some months. As far as shopping lists it is and always will be the 'market'. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Interesting thread from two months ago. You could have bought anything or everything then and you’d be up handsomely now. But nobody’s got a crystal ball.

Anyway, I’m interested in opinions on Honeywell. Looking to stick my toe in the water. TIA.

@rhythmmethod wrote:

Hi Groupthink,  I'm making a shopping list. So far it includes:

O (Already own)

RTX (Already own)

HON

JPM

WFC

FPF (Already own)

SCHD (my catch all income ETF) (Already own)

MSFT

Possibly WELL or VTR

What's on your list? Also post buys if you like.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@chang wrote:

Interesting thread from two months ago. You could have bought anything or everything then and you’d be up handsomely now. But nobody’s got a crystal ball.

Anyway, I’m interested in opinions on Honeywell. Looking to stick my toe in the water. TIA.

I think HON is best of breed and I want some but think it’s too expensive. I’m waiting for it to come down. I think if we could get a dozen ‘hop aboard’ posts daily, that might bring it within reason in a couple weeks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@rhythmmethod wrote:

@chang wrote:

I think HON is best of breed and I want some but think it’s too expensive. I’m waiting for it to come down. I think if we could get a dozen ‘hop aboard’ posts daily, that might bring it within reason in a couple weeks.

I'm waiting for a lot of things to come down.

(Wait ... before you-know-you jumps in and rips me a new you-know-what, I should qualify that by saying that I'm resting in an oddly satisfying equilibrium, whereby I will be happy if stocks go up and I will be happy if stocks go down. If they go up, my portfolio goes up. If they go down, I will buy, and then they will go back up, because they always do.)

My buy-plan is pretty simple: if stocks go down, I will simply add to whatever goes down the most. Actually, I'm making teensy-weensy buys even now, every week, on diplets.

HON looks like a stock I could own forever (I would not buy it otherwise), but, as you say, there are few screaming buys out there now.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Get the money out and get ready to buy! O. K who told the market about the shape of economy? :)

Chang HON is getting close to my Roth conversion price!

Copie

Highlighted
Participant ○○

Bought MDU and NWE in 4% yield for my income side today.

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@copie wrote:

Copie

@copie @rhythmmethod Honeywell closed just about dead even at the middle of its 52 week range. Do you realize what the significance of that is? None whatsoever.

If we take another leg down I’ll probably buy a few shares. I don’t have many individual stocks, but those I do have have outperformed my funds. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@chang wrote:

@copie wrote:

Copie

@copie @rhythmmethod Honeywell closed just about dead even at the middle of its 52 week range? Do you realize what the significance of that is? None whatsoever.

If we take another leg down I’ll probably buy a few shares. I don’t have many individual stocks, but those I do have have outperformed my funds. 

Me too. My individual shares AAPL, AMZN, D (even with today's spanking of WFC JPM), are up way more than my funds. I've wanted some HON for a while. I'm selfishly greedy, if that makes any sense, so I'm in no hurry to buy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Just curious @rhythmmethod, what entry point are you waiting for on HON? When 52week ranges are so wide, as almost all of them are right now, it’s hard to pick a good entry price. I think expecting to see the March 22 price again would be a little bit greedy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@chang wrote:

Just curious @rhythmmethod, what entry point are you waiting for on HON? When 52week ranges are so wide, as almost all of them are right now, it’s hard to pick a good entry price. I think expecting to see the March 22 price again would be a little bit greedy.

@chang  Agreed. In order for me to hop on an individual stock, at this point, it needs to scream at me. So, around $ 125-130 is my target. I'm fine just throwing logs on the cord I've fashioned until something begs me to take it home... HAHA

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@chang wrote:

FYI on Honeywell, for anyone who believes in T/A hocus pocus:

https://realmoney.thestreet.com/investing/honeywell-is-likely-to-struggle-in-the-months-ahead-153614...

@chang  Let me check against my horoscope and tarot card reader and I'll get back to you.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@rhythmmethod wrote:

Hi Groupthink,  I'm making a shopping list. So far it includes:

O (Already own)

RTX (Already own)

HON

JPM

WFC

FPF (Already own)

SCHD (my catch all income ETF) (Already own)

MSFT

Possibly WELL or VTR

What's on your list? Also post buys if you like.

Stay well, rm

Hi RM, hope you are well. Realizing that this post is from April, I think it may be getting relevant again, with the "complicated" re-opening. I've been making my list and checking it twice. Bought a couple issues from your list in March: WELL, RTX (UTX).

Still looking at wide-moat 4 or 5-star companies: BUD, K, MDT, HON and maybe more RTX. Maybe add to LCG mutual funds. Looking for a drop from current levels to trigger my buying though. Being patient.

Stay well.

0 Kudos
Announcements