cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○○

JPM or C

Been going back and forth on these two.  What do you think about these ?

C has the better yield & price. (Morningstar rates C 5star and JPM 4star)

Jpm has better financials.  I think it has a better chance of not cutting div.  

what do you think

stats

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Re: JPM or C

JPM has the better CEO in Dimon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

I don't own C, picked up more JPM Thursday at 88.xx.  Dimon did have a recent heart attack, he is 63, may or may not factor into his longevity with JPM.  Still believe JPM to be the best run mega-bank.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Banks have sold off on coming ZIRP. So, wait? Or use XLF.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Stats,

I bought JPM last week at $89.66 with 4% yield. Also picked up WFC at $29.07. JPM will go on my growth list and WFC on income side.

First time in a long time I got back in with the : Money Changers. :)

Copie

Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Hi copie,  

I wanted to say hi and wish you well.  I haven’t been posting much as have been fighting cancer.  Doing well with that.

First time in a long time that we consider money changers, for us too.  Leaning towards JPM too.

stats

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Stats

Good to hear from you. Sorry about the cancer. Will bring you up to my maker when I pray tonight.

Copie

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

JPM

Interested in updates. We have JPM in a family account. Still hovering around $89. Near its year low.

Anybody reckon it’s worth adding to? Rates can only go up from here. Lot of people are going to be doing a lot of borrowing ahead.

(No interest in Citi, just adding to an existing conversation here.)

TIA.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Re: JPM

I would easily choose JPM.  In fact, I'm about done buying KO for now, and I've been going back and forth between JPM and VZ for my next stock foray.  Leaning towards JPM, since it is down so much from it's 52 week high.  And it is a great franchise, plus it has the implied government backstop of "too big to fail".  Good dividend, looks about as secure as any of the banks, I doubt they will be cutting it.  

Highlighted
Explorer ○○

I think $90 or below is reasonable buy point.  I was told yesterday by my neighbor that 4 of their 17 office staff have gotten 6 month mortgage deferments although they have been fully employed the entire time and no pay cuts.  This is my way of saying some of the large reserve building by the banks may be less utilized than initially thought.  Not saying that defaults, etc may not be significant, but some are just taking advantage of what's offered.  I have also invested in BAC and USB, but JPM is the safest IMO.  Will likely add WFC if current CEO keeps bringing in strong, experienced leaders to replace the clowns that were on the board and senior officials.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

I'm not a dividend income investor. But if I were I'd buy SCHD.

SCHD gives you 100 well picked dividend growth stocks. 

Why reinvent the wheel?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I didn’t add at $89 when I posted below, but if it drops below $90 again, I think I will.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

C has had a string of bad news/events: Regulatory reprimand on lax risk control; $1 billion fat-finger that sent money out that C cannot get all back; sudden change in CEO; an executive with QAnon connection. More shoe(s) to drop?

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Stats, I'm so sorry to hear of your cancer.  I wish you well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Kathie, Thank you For your well wishes.    Had CT scan yesterday, to confirm that my Pancreatic cancer has returned.   Started looking for a clinical trial ,

Stats

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○

prayers to you and your family.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Prayers for you and your family Statsguy. 

0 Kudos
Announcements