cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○

Favorite Stock you will buy again if the market dips?

I am working on updating my own buylist as I did really well buying a few stock during the March dip. If we see another Dip what stocks are you interested in buying and why? 

I would be interested in CTAS, MAIN, JNJ, MMM, MSFT, SCI, ACN, O WPC, ABBV, WBA to name a few on my list. 

This is great to hear feedback so hit me with your ideas! Maybe we can help others think of ideas! 

0 Kudos
35 Replies
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: Favorite Stock you will buy again if the market dips?

IBM, Coca Cola and Philip Morris......I have own them "forever" .....buy them anytime.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Why IBM?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

If a good dip I would look at doing a big roth conversion of: HON,PEP,KO, V, WBA and WM. If I have any money left would add NEE and more QQQ to growth side. On other hand more KMI, MDU, KMB would not be bad! :)

I need to start acting my age! :)

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@waffle wrote:

Why IBM?

It is undervalued....It pays a good annual dividend.  It is a long term play......I have held this stock for many years.  It is a value play. 

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

@youth  interesting Picks, I would love to hear your thoughts on PM and IBM. For PM I actually wrote a blog post about it and think it is a good investment but if I had to ding PM it would be the fact of how much debt they have. Any concerns over the debt?

IBM - I am torn over them as they are in a turnaround and their cloud is where the growth is but that is a competitive field and IBM does not rank in the top tier of providers. Some advancements have made it easier for IBM customers to leave their mainframe systems for competitors. I talk like i know something but honestly hoping someone with more knowledge could provide some info about IBM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

@waffle  what are your picks?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

@copie great picks but I almost feel like you cant own PEP & KO as you can only pick one or the other to drink. Seriously though I know nothing about NEE or MDU so will have to look them up. I am curious as to why you are interested in KMI as they are having some rough times and flirt with bankruptcy from what i remember the last time i looked at them if i am not mistaken. 

interested in hearing your thoughts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I am retired, bucketized and fully invested.  In good times if my target equity gets too high, I will scrape off some profits and re-balance.  In stock market crash, I prefer to stand pat.  Buying into a declining market is hard and unsettling.  And you never know the bottom.  I prefer to just let the equities alone and give them time to recover which is the whole idea of being adequately bucketized.  Why risk screwing my portfolio up if I don't have to? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

@PaulR888 agree with your assessment but to add a little prospective I am 31 and this is my non retirement accounts. I have a 401k, Roth, HSA & roll over IRA all on cruise control but this particular question is around my taxable account which I am trying to grow. 

I also have a blog which I write about my different investments and I have fun buying and selling with money that is just earmarked for building some additional wealthy/ passive income. 

Completely respect your position

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@investlikedad wrote:

@youth  interesting Picks, I would love to hear your thoughts on PM and IBM. For PM I actually wrote a blog post about it and think it is a good investment but if I had to ding PM it would be the fact of how much debt they have. Any concerns over the debt?

IBM - I am torn over them as they are in a turnaround and their cloud is where the growth is but that is a competitive field and IBM does not rank in the top tier of providers. Some advancements have made it easier for IBM customers to leave their mainframe systems for competitors. I talk like i know something but honestly hoping someone with more knowledge could provide some info about IBM

I have no concerns regarding PM's debt.

IBM has been a favorite of mine for many years....I believe they have changes in personnel which may take time to determine whether they can become more competitive with the other providers.

Gabe

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

If we had a significant correction down, I'd look at adding some AMZN, as it is one I've wanted to own but it always seemed "too expensive". I'd also look at adding to my positions in CSCO, WMT, MRK, and JNJ.

Already have large positions in AAPL, MSFT, AMGN, MMM, PYPL, QCOM, BLK, and XOM (1.5% to 5%), so wouldn't add there. 

Win
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Would add to MKC. Pandemic or no pandemic, people are going to buy pepper and oregano.

Would add to RTX; consider new positions in Lockheed, Grumman or GD. Once the world licks the corona virus, we’re going to go back to warring against one another.

Would buy HONeywell.

(Disclosure: I own MKC and RTX.)

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Buy HON , V and some QQQ on a down market if it went down considerably 

Highlighted
Explorer ○

In a major tech correction, if QQQ was in my list, I'd probably go for ARKK, up 42% YTD compared to 16% for QQQ.  I love the ARK people.  They run about as transparent an OEF as you can find and post any trades they make on the day they make them, so you know exactly what they're up to.  Sign up for their daily emails and you can see their trades, too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

@linter  ARKK is very interesting, never heard of them before. Performance looks good just wish they had a dividend. Thanks for the insight!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

IMO buy KO for drinks and PEP for chips and oatmeal! KMI is one big pipeline company that looks like to me that they learned their lesson from past mistakes. My stocks are in growth or income side, but some overlap. I look for KMI to add income and very little growth. My other so called gas company ( OKE ) looks like a dividend cut coming.

Copie 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

@copie  fair points on all and appreciate your feedback.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

In case of market correction,

Goog, amzn, QQQ, ABBV, DEO and Levi

Also considering JPM, WFC and Uber.

I am already overweight MSFT and BRKB.

Levi is a value investment which not going too well.

I just noticed that all my mistakes are value investments.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@waffle wrote:

In case of market correction,

Goog, amzn, QQQ, ABBV, DEO and Levi

Also considering JPM, WFC and Uber.

I am already overweight MSFT and BRKB.

Levi is a value investment which not going too well.

I just noticed that all my mistakes are value investments.

Today’s WSJ reported that Goog Ad revenue will decline for the first time  since 2008 because Google’s core search product is too reliant on the pandemic battered travel industry. One reason for not owning goog is because most of its revenue come from advertising. According to the WSJ many advertisers are rethinking their plans to return to the  platform after the pandemic ends. 

Announcements