cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone regretting not selling some of their FAANG stocks?

@Win1177 wrote:

Good choices Statsguy! I also added to PFE, KO, MCD, and MMM earlier this year. Have some more “low” buy orders for more PFE and MRK, as well as more VZ, DUK, D, and SO. But those will only go through if we have more of a selloff.

I still view the FAANG (and MSFT) stocks as Fully to modestly Overvalued, so I won’t add there. Would love to add some more to GOOGL, but would need to sell down to ~$1000-1100 per share. Not interested in Netflix, would love to add Amazon but not at current prices.

I try to keep my individual stock holdings at 1- 4%, and stop adding once they get to above 3- 4% of our portfolio. I will consider trimming when they get above 7-8% of our portfolio.

Agree, but I'll keep buying into them when they lose value on sharp market downturn and we'll see this week how things go?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@FatKat wrote:

@Win1177 wrote:

Good choices Statsguy! I also added to PFE, KO, MCD, and MMM earlier this year. Have some more “low” buy orders for more PFE and MRK, as well as more VZ, DUK, D, and SO. But those will only go through if we have more of a selloff.

I still view the FAANG (and MSFT) stocks as Fully to modestly Overvalued, so I won’t add there. Would love to add some more to GOOGL, but would need to sell down to ~$1000-1100 per share. Not interested in Netflix, would love to add Amazon but not at current prices.

I try to keep my individual stock holdings at 1- 4%, and stop adding once they get to above 3- 4% of our portfolio. I will consider trimming when they get above 7-8% of our portfolio.

Agree, but I'll keep buying into them when they lose value on sharp market downturn and we'll see this week how things go?

You may get you wish on Goog. Justice dept plans to sue Goog on anti trust grounds in its search and advertising business.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

JohnJTaylor:  Yep...  Also, the motto of the US Marines.  Searching ancient literature has been very helpful to me.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

JohnJTaylor:  Yep...  Also, the motto of the US Marines.  Searching ancient literature has been very helpful to me.

Gabe

USMC motto is Semper Fidelis, “Always faithful.“

apparently you don’t know any marines.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Intruder:  As usual, you are incorrect.  It is the motto of the 80th TAC Fighter Squadron, 3rd Battalion Stationed at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

You seem to be a harsh individual and quite impolite.  I would appreciate no further contact with you.

Gabe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Whaaaaattttt?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Intruder is obviously right. Shame on anyone who doesn't associate Semper Fi with the USMC.

"Fortune favors the brave" (or "bold") appears in a variety of Roman sources as "audentes Fortuna iuvat" and other variations.

I think Gabe lost his hat.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@youth wrote:

Intruder:  As usual, you are incorrect.  It is the motto of the 80th TAC Fighter Squadron, 3rd Battalion Stationed at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

You seem to be a harsh individual and quite impolite.  I would appreciate no further contact with you.

Gabe

I am talking about the official USMC motto, not a squadron motto, which I have heard from a member of my familY many times. All you have to do is google semper fidelis. As usual you are wrong but you don’t know the difference.

By the way the 80th tactical fighter squadron is USAF, not USMC. you don’t check facts.

I am not impolite, just correct.

you can run but you can’t hide. Just keep posting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○

could we keep this centered on investing and how we make choices?    Sheeesh! this can be a tough group!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@geolbjr wrote:

could we keep this centered on investing and how we make choices?    Sheeesh! this can be a tough group!

Only infallible rule Of investing is buy low, sell high. AAPL is up 103.7% over 12 months, 50.8% YTD.

0 Kudos
Announcements