cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Amerigas 2019 K-1 ?

Cliff, anybody else. I haven't received a K-1 in this years tax statements from my brokerage account.

Since the company was bought out last year, are there any tax issues as far as a K-1?

Any distributions I received are reported in my other tax forms I am reporting. My accountant asked me about this yesterday.

TIA

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Re: Amerigas 2019 K-1 ?

Was wondering the same thing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

I'm awaiting my K-1 as well.  I expect it will arrive soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

KathieL and Kudzu, thank you! I'll tell my accountant we need to wait a bit longer before finalizing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

I receive my K-1s via Tax Package Support.  My Amerigas Partners K-1 became available this morning.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Thanks for the update KathieL!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

I am a new investor in MMP.   I initially bought 1,000 shares in an IRA and within a week remembered about UBTI and moved the shares to a taxable account via sale and purchase.  The sale from the IRA was before quarter end.    

I am thinking of selling the MMP shares from the taxable account and moving the investment to an MLP fund.  I am traditionally a fund investor and not a single company investor.

How long do I have to own MMP to be eligible to receive a K-1 for 2020 or would I receive a K-1 even if I own MMP for a single day? 

Appreciate your thoughts.

P.S.: This is the only thread on K-1 I was able to retrieve by searching the forums.  My online search also did not yield any answers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Anitya wrote:

I am a new investor in MMP.   I initially bought 1,000 shares in an IRA and within a week remembered about UBTI and moved the shares to a taxable account via sale and purchase.  The sale from the IRA was before quarter end.    

I am thinking of selling the MMP shares from the taxable account and moving the investment to an MLP fund.  I am traditionally a fund investor and not a single company investor.

How long do I have to own MMP to be eligible to receive a K-1 for 2020 or would I receive a K-1 even if I own MMP for a single day? 

Appreciate your thoughts.

P.S.: This is the only thread on K-1 I was able to retrieve by searching the forums.  My online search also did not yield any answers.

In an MLP every LP share is allocated tax attributes that is equal to 1 share divided by the total LP shares in the MLP. There is also an allocation to the GP. The amount allocated to each share is then allocated to who owned that share by the number of days each owner held that share in the tax year. 

Capital
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

For funds that issue K-1, all activity is reported via K-1 [interest, dividend, CGs, buys, sells]. Brokers provide incomplete info on them. So, this time you are stuck with K-1.

After several years, I am finally free of K-1s from 2019.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Thanks for the replies.

I own MLP funds but I avoid funds issuing K-1s.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Anitya wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

I own MLP funds but I avoid funds issuing K-1s.  

The only MLP I own is KNOP. It elected Corp status an gives out a 1099. Most MLPs talked about are in the midstream oil industry. I have no interest in that industry.

Capital
0 Kudos
Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.