Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: ABBV, at what price?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Morningstar has ABBV  on their list of stocks to be considered - not in one of the portfolios - with a fair value of 97.,

whatever that is worth.

I've owned it for a while (in at about 79.) and think it's great for an income investor.

Good Luck,  Joe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

A follow up thought - I wouldn't buy at this level - and if you check out their volatility for the past year or so, there SHOULD be a better entry point.  Or, it could go straight to the moon.  Probably the former scenario, since I own it.  LOL

Good Luck,  Joe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Playing junior technical analyst:  Abbv is right at its swing high at the 96 area.  This is a potential resistance level, which would mean that it might retreat to its rising 20 day simple moving average.  That has been its support since the March low, with the stock hitting that rising level and bouncing higher, on a decided uptrend.  On the other hand, if it breaks higher and confirms that, there should be no resistance, ie, sellers.  

One note of caution, however, is that options expired yesterday and that often means short-term volatility.  Historically, the week after options expiration has been the worst week of the month for the market. 

This is all about the short-term - the best entry point now.  I would wait for a move:  perhaps to retest the rising 20 day rising simple moving average, or up with confirmation, which should signal the beginning of a strong uptrend.  Of course, I probably know just enough about technical analysis to be dangerous.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Agree, Seahawk. I purchased early.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/topstocks/abbvie-is-cheap-and-pays-an-attractive-yield/ar-BB16gpj4?o...

"The historical dividend yield for AbbVie stock has been 4.22% over the past four years, according to Seeking Alpha. Therefore, by taking the $5.20 dividend per share and dividing it by 4.22%, the target price is $123.22 per share
That represents a significant gain over the current price of about $98. So not only is AbbVie stock cheap with an attractive dividend yield, but it also has good upside potential."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Given the strangeness of these times, it's hard to predict what might happen.  But if I just look at ABBV, there is nothing about the company that makes me think it will take a dive (or even significant dip) any time soon.  So if you want the stock, go ahead and buy it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@KathieL wrote:

Given the strangeness of these times, it's hard to predict what might happen.  But if I just look at ABBV, there is nothing about the company that makes me think it will take a dive (or even significant dip) any time soon.  So if you want the stock, go ahead and buy it.

I would hold off buying a large amount just now. Market may be lower under certain circumstances, both coronavirus and election related.

0 Kudos
Announcements