Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WilliamCallahan
Follower ○○○

Office & Direct User: Cannot seem to access both via web browser now if they share a username

I'm both a Direct and an Office user. 

It seems I can no longer reliably access Direct via a web browser, as it instantly redirects me to Office with no way to properly get to Direct any longer. I hope this is easily resolved, since I currently cannot access Direct?

2018-06-07_18-58-27.png

Note the URL, some hybrid between Direct and Office....

^^^Note the URL, some hybrid between Direct and Office....

- William A. Callahan, CFA, CFP®
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager RyanM Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Office & Direct User: Cannot seem to access both via web browser now if they share a usernam

Thanks for reporting this, @WilliamCallahan. I let our Support team know about this by creating a case for you. You will receive email notifications when it is updated, but you can also monitor it on your Case Portal page within the community.

We will also update this thread when we have a resolution.

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Re: Office & Direct User: Cannot seem to access both via web browser now if they share a usernam

This issue was resolved some time ago, but I wanted to provide an update here. The vast majority of our customers use either Morningstar Direct or Morningstar Office, with very few using both. However, I received the following explanation from our product team:

• Direct.morningstar.com and office.morningstar.com are the same servers.
  • You can log in to Direct from Office and Office from Direct.
  • You can only be logged in to one edition at a time. So to change editions you need to log out (Account menu > Sign Out), then log back in.

Account.png
  • At that time you are shown the choice of products.

ChooseProduct.png

0 Kudos
Kris
Explorer ○○

I have the same problem and am not presented with the switching dialogue box.  In particular, when I log in to Cloud (either one) I am automatically sent to the version I was last logged in to.

The "Switch Roles" option does not allow me to switch back to Office once I have logged in to Direct.

I therefore rarely use Direct Cloud and rely on the Windows software for Direct, which is an annoyance in some instances.

Help?

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, @Kris. I've already passed your message along, but can you please submit a ticket for tracking purposes? Thank you.

0 Kudos