Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamj
Explorer ○

Obsolete Funds %

I noticed in your recent "Comparing the Largest Fund Families Report" you list # of Obsolete Funds and Obsolete Funds % for each firm. I don't see where I can get this data. We have morningstar direct....aren't all data points supposed to be available? This is a useful data point that we would like to add to our own scorecard to supplement firm success ratios. Also, over what timeframe is this data point referencing?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
ChadLowry Employee
Employee

Re: Obsolete Funds %

Hi Adam,

Obsolete funds can be found in the web-based version of Morningstar Direct. To do so, use the following process:

1. Create a screen in which you modify the settings for the Investment Type(s) being screened for to include obsolete funds.
  2. In the Grid, edit the column set (or create a new one) to include the Obsolete Type data point to understand why a fund became obsolete.

For the first element, when creating a screen, click the Settings icon in the Investment Type criterion:

Settings.jpg

Select the toggle for Allow Obsolete Investments, and select the option for Obsolete:

Obsolete.jpg

From here, you can continue to add any criteria you like, or click Done to see all results. In the Grid, use the Column Set menu to either edit the existing column set to bring in the Obsolete Type data point, or create a new column set to include this item.

Thank you,

Chad Lowry

0 Kudos