Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Follower ○○

Morningstar Client Portal

To all program developers and interested parties that would like to avoid clutter.  When a client leaves our firm or we have sample/example clients in our records, we make them "Inactive" to keep a record and attempt to reduce clutter in searches, etc.  Unfortunately, converting a client from "Active" to "Inactive" doesn't do much.  Upon entering the client portal, all the inactive clients are listed in searches.  Also, when logging into Morningstar Office Client Management Tab, all the inactive stay in the primary list of clients each day.  It would nice to have the Inactive element of the program keep the record, but hide those away from daily visibility.  If anyone else knows how to fix what I'm speaking about, I'd love to hear a solution!  Thx!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Re: Morningstar Client Portal

Morningstar Direct in general could use a concept of a "closed" account. They don't really have this concept is my understanding. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○

Thanks for the reply.  That is my understanding too.  Is the only protocol for a "closed" account to delete the entire client record?  Or, is there a chance to get that into the queue to add that "Closed Account" feature in the future?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

I think its better to zero out the account as in just remove all the positions from the account so it stays at zero balance.

Deleting them you lose the history so I don't think that is good. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○

For better or worse, I made a temporary solution by reverting those records back to a prospect list.  You have that option.  I don't use that list often and it keeps all the history of the relationship.  Thanks!

0 Kudos