Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager RyanM Community Manager
Community Manager

Messenger Is Here!

I'm excited to announce a new feature in Morningstar Community. Direct and Office customers can now chat with our Support team using our new Messenger tool. This is not a chatbot; you will be contacting a real live person. Use Messenger to ask questions you would normally ask when emailing or calling Support. If we can't resolve your issue right away, we can create a case and follow up with you.

To chat with Support from within the community, just click the Messenger icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. Please note you will not see the icon if you are not signed in.

MessengerIcon.jpg

Clicking the icon opens a window where you can type your message.

MessengerWindow.jpg

We look forward to using this new technology to better serve you!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Dzalipski
Explorer ○

Re: Messenger Is Here!

Ryan,

I tried to use this.

It told me someone looked at my question, and then after zero replies or acknowledgements for 20+ minutes I decided to bail.

Community Manager

I'm so sorry, @Dzalipski. I don't blame you for giving up! You should have gotten a response right away. I'm looking into what happened now. I will follow up with you.

0 Kudos
PleaseHelp
Participant ○○

Can you share with us the various stages a Chat message will be in?

Delivered is one status. How will we know if someone has looked at our inquiry vs. just waiting for a response?

0 Kudos
DanH
Follower ○○

Ryan,

I am new to Morningstar and I noticed my client info is still from 10 years ago when I used to use Morningstar. When will information be current?

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Good question. As far as I know, Delivered is the only status. It confirmed that your chat was sent, but I don't believe there is a "Read" status that indicates your message was seen. As soon as a Morningstar representative reads the incoming message, they will respond to indicate they're working on it.

0 Kudos
Community Manager

@DanH wrote:

Ryan,

I am new to Morningstar and I noticed my client info is still from 10 years ago when I used to use Morningstar. When will information be current?

Hi Dan, let me look into that for you. I will send you a private message when I have an answer.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
dschindler
Follower ○○○

Could functionality be added to be able to export or save the chat in PDF or other format? It would be an easy way to save the tips/screenshots that are sent with the resolution to the issue.

0 Kudos
Community Manager

@dschindler wrote:

Could functionality be added to be able to export or save the chat in PDF or other format? It would be an easy way to save the tips/screenshots that are sent with the resolution to the issue.

That's definitely something I can ask for, @dschindler. FYI, the chat history is retained so you can scroll up in the Messenger window to see past conversations even if you've logged out and come back at a later time.

0 Kudos