cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Follower ○○

Question about indicators

Greetings from Japan, everyone!

What indictors do you find most useful for charts? I generally keep Mom (momentum) and MACD (ditty) on as the default for my advanced charts for Fidelity.

Unfortunately I find both extremely tiny and hard to see on a normal browser screen. Is there a magic way of making these tiny boxes double height that I don't know about?

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 3.59.22 PM.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about indicators

@ppayne 

Good Morning ppayne,

It looks like you are looking at SPY in your brokerage account, and then clicking on advanced features. I rarely use that method and would need to experiment some.

I use Active Trader Pro. It is a free download and comes with an amazing set of tools and access to deep data sets. If managing my retirement accounts could be considered a "business" then Fidelity gave provides the tools I need for free. Also, there are always new live webinars each month that will show you everything you need to know about ATP. You can establish "exit plans" set collar trades, or OCO orders.  It is truly a professional set of tools.

There are many ATP on-demand webinars to access in the learning center also. Just put a check mark in the box next to Active Trader Pro at the above link.

Sign up for the webinar series and over time, you will get a good understanding of ATP, TA, Sectors, Bonds, and whatever else interests you.

Best of all. It is all free.

Good Luck,

Holiday

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

One of the best and FREE sites is stockchart.  See SPY (chart).  You will find many indicators and the ability to make many changes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi FD,

One advantage that Active Trader Pro has is that I can use it to set conditional trades, view options chains, view the market with filters (greatest gainers, loosers, or other criteria) and monitor breaking news. It has too many tools to mention.

It dovetails nicely for anyone who has a Fidelity Brokerage account.

For me, stock Charts is a clunky additional step. It is great tool for non-Fidelity customers, but ATP is far superior.

Holiday

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi ppayne.

You make like this indicator...in a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN9WUIXaRr4

---------------------------------------

Enjoy...

R48

Beat the index with 5 minutes of work a week. Why doesn't CNBC present THIS? Duh - you wouldn't have a reason to watch any more, would you?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Holiday wrote:

Hi FD,

One advantage that Active Trader Pro has is that I can use it to set conditional trades, view options chains, view the market with filters (greatest gainers, loosers, or other criteria) and monitor breaking news. It has too many tools to mention.

It dovetails nicely for anyone who has a Fidelity Brokerage account.

For me, stock Charts is a clunky additional step. It is great tool for non-Fidelity customers, but ATP is far superior.

Holiday

True.  I have Fidelity and Schwab but I don't use any tools to set up automatic trades.  I only believe in manual trades :-)

0 Kudos
Announcements