cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it time to panic?

@bilperk wrote:

Actually, satire is defined as: "the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues."   In short, satire is designed to be a personal attack.

Keeping it real! Also, without humor or irony, insults do not qualify as satire.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@rhythmmethod wrote:

I returned from China in December from a teaching residency. As soon as they let out the info about CV (it was later than it should have been) they went on complete lockdown. They are now getting back to business. Are we like China, S. Korea or are we like Italy and Spain? You choose. BTW - Does anyone thinks the Christian Right (Sorry for the potential political spin, but it's relevant) - will have a mass go to Easter Services on Easter Sunday? What would the fallout be? Would two weeks after Easter be another trigger to implement more $ to the market. I hate I'm asking myself these questions. But I just had a talk with my sister who falls into the demographic I just mentioned... Take good care all. Regardless of your politics we are really all in this together.

I feel the same as you. But, I refuse to let my emotional self overrule my rational self. As I believe you do too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

"Therefore our ONLY tool is to use policy to limit the number of opportunities that the virus has to spread."

Or test and if effective, administer hydroxychloroquine to all of those who test positive for the virus....

AND use of convalescent sera from those who have recovered from COVID-19 infection as a means of providing the the antibody to be used with high risk individuals such as health care workers or others at high risk.

BruceM

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Hi Bruce,

I see that they are testing hydroxychloroquine on humans who are hospitalized, but I am not sure if there are any conclusions yet as to its efficacy. Until we know something for sure, I feel our best choice is to limit the number of cases that need to be treated. Thus far, "social distancing" is the only known prevention strategy.

Like erryl, I worry that this won't end until a legitimate vaccine is available. China's death rate is still doubling every week the last I heard, while the US death rate is doubling every 2.5 days. In fact, the US just passed China and Italy as having the most confirmed cases of Covid-19

Reasoned probability suggests to me that my best course of action is to not put myself in a position to become infected in the first place. 

Best wishes Bruce,

Holiday

0 Kudos
Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.