cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fractional share trading at Fidelity is here

@chang wrote:

Just noticed that Fido does not allow fractional share trading with (1) GTC orders (must be same day), or (2) any order type other than Market or Limit (no stops of any kind).

I’m not sure why this is, I can’t see what difference it makes. But them’s the facts.

And Fido allows fractional trading via its app only, not via its PC platform. IMO, it is debugging the feature until it can be introduced into Fido 401k/403b.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: Fractional share trading at Fidelity is here

@yogibearbull wrote:

@chang wrote:

Just noticed that Fido does not allow fractional share trading with (1) GTC orders (must be same day), or (2) any order type other than Market or Limit (no stops of any kind).

I’m not sure why this is, I can’t see what difference it makes. But them’s the facts.

And Fido allows fractional trading via its app only, not via its PC platform. IMO, it is debugging the feature until it can be introduced into Fido 401k/403b.

@yogibearbull 

Quite possible.  Certainly, Fidelity has bigger ambitions for fractional shares.  And certainly, given the phone-centric demographic that would be the biggest draw to fractional shares, a mobile app makes sense to be rolled out first.  However, I doubt much debugging is really involved as trading is trading whether it is fractional shares or larger.  However, the back office rules and maintenance might be considerable.  When I wanted to check Fidelity's fractional shares early on, a Fidelity rep said that employees had been encouraged to try fractional shares out on their own devices prior to rollout and to provide their feedback.  

ctyankee

0 Kudos
Announcements