cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Follower ○○

Fidelity fund: FLPSX

Have had some of this fund for years. I am thinking of either reducing the position or liquidating and going to possible ARTMX or increasing positioon inPRNHX.  Thoughts on the short and intermediate term performance of FLPSX.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fidelity fund: FLPSX

Alternatives mentioned are MC-growth. PRNHX may be closed unless you have it already. Good to have some exposure to growth [LC/MC/SC].

FLPSX is a good fund. It is MC-value with decent foreign exposure. One can think of it as a global MC. What I have done is reduced other dedicated foreign funds and am using FLPSX as a global fund. Of course, its formal category is still domestic.

YBB
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

As you do, we had invested in FLPSX as our core fund for a long time in early days.  It was my favorite fund.  It shined for a long time during the small-cap boom era.  

Then, as many star funds do, it became too large in size, Joel got old, and most importantly, its performance became unstable and unpredictable from my perspectives.    

We got out and never looked back. 

I think that it is still a good fund, but no longer superb.  JMHO.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○

looking through the discussions: I wonder  if selling FLPSX and swapping for some ARTSX/ARTMX? is a thought.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@yogibearbull wrote:

Alternatives mentioned are MC-growth. PRNHX may be closed unless you have it already. Good to have some exposure to growth [LC/MC/SC].

FLPSX is a good fund. It is MC-value with decent foreign exposure. One can think of it as a global MC. What I have done is reduced other dedicated foreign funds and am using FLPSX as a global fund. Of course, its formal category is still domestic.

That's what I am doing as well. I like its risk/reward performance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I think I it would be a good idea write out Fidelity Low Priced Stock once, as not all know all tickers by memory. FLPSX is a good fund. I use it with New Horizons,  PRNHX for my mid ans small caps along with IJR.

Most of my Equity is large cap growth, with some value in balanced funds.

FLPSX is a nice mix of many stock holdings, one of my favorite Fidelity funds 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

I have recently started accumulating FLPSX as my mid-cap holding. I have hardly any mid cap or small cap.

0 Kudos
Announcements