cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Follower ○○

FLPKX vs FLPSX

I noticed Morningstar recently increased FLPKX from Silver to Gold, but left other share classes (FLPSX) as Silver.  I see it has a slightly less expense ratio, and performance over time somewhat recognizes that.  But else is unique about this K class?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: FLPKX vs FLPSX

Fido has lower ER classes K and K6 within 401k/403b.

M* recently started to rate fund classes differently.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○

Thank you. I couldn't find that specific in Fidelity's prospectus but
probably didn't read details enough. That I'd try to save a bit on
expenses. Oh well. Great fund anyway.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I think FLPSX is an excellent fund with a decent ER, about 58 bases points, if memory serves me?

Yes, M* has always given higher medalists to low expense funds. Now if they are making in between class ratings, this makes sense. 

The way I look at it, if the fund was priced like Vanguard Dividend Growth,  it would be a gold fund.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@dsttexas wrote:

I noticed Morningstar recently increased FLPKX from Silver to Gold, but left other share classes (FLPSX) as Silver.  I see it has a slightly less expense ratio, and performance over time somewhat recognizes that.  But else is unique about this K class?

Like R shares, K class shares are sometimes referred to as retirement shares. K class shares may not be available to retail investors outside of retirement plans. As a retail investor, I can not purchase FLPKX via Fidelity's website. M* emphasizes fund expenses in their Analyst Ratings and determined that FLPKX merits a Gold rating while other share classes merit a Silver rating. M* updated the methodology used for their Analyst Ratings in November 2019 - previously all of a fund's share classes received the same rating.

0 Kudos
Announcements