Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
flutemcgill
Explorer ○○

BUY/SELL WHY November 2019

Same rules as before.

Sold OPP on downward drifting NAV and on today's rights offering announcement.

Flute

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DJANG0
Explorer ○

Re: BUY/SELL WHY November 2019

Put what cash I had into VTINX (Target Retirement Income) because I didn't know what else to do with it, and want to be fully invested through the end of the year.

0 Kudos
chang
Contributor ○○○

Re: BUY/SELL/WHY November 2019

Bought $50k VWIUX just before the close. Plan to hold loooong term.
0 Kudos
richardsok
Explorer ○○○

I searched twice and don't see any other B/S/W thread for November.

Anyway, added to SZC as it appears to be coming off an apparently well established level of support. Traditional energy producers and services are wildly unpopular, making some of them good prospects for distribution flows, IMO. Meanwhile,  RIV and ACP have both been slammed for their rights offerings.    Perhaps getting close to buy-time.   Haven't yet, though.

Wife & I are up in the Poconos for autumn fly fishing, but I still check the market twice a day.  An obsession, I guess.

0 Kudos
yogibearbull
Valued Contributor

Possibly @RyanM can merges the 2 threads by @richardsok and @flutemcgill  [with 1 response already].

YBB
0 Kudos
Community Manager RyanM Community Manager
Community Manager

@yogibearbull wrote:

Possibly @RyanM can merges the 2 threads by @richardsok and @flutemcgill  [with 1 response already].

There is now but one Buy/Sell/Why thread for November. richard's thread was merged into flute's because flute posted first.

richardsok
Explorer ○○○

GSBD momentum may be tiring.   Took gains on 1/3 my position in the IRA.   In its place bought a small and tentative position in NHF which has been savaged for months.   Bears watching though, as support might not be in yet.    I do believe it might be a candidate for an oversold CEF due for strong year end rally.

0 Kudos
DJANG0
Explorer ○

Added LDUR, a thinly traded PIMCO ETF. Price is down, IVV is up, so selling at a rare discount.

0 Kudos
BigTom
Follower ○○

Added to OXY and will add more on the way down.

0 Kudos
richardsok
Explorer ○○○

GSBD technical signs continue to weaken.     Took more gains on a second third of my position.

0 Kudos
chang
Contributor ○○○

Dribbling a little more into PRIJX on two down days in EMs. New money is going here.
0 Kudos
grierchas
Explorer ○

Sold out of a speculative, small toe hold position in MJ. It's going in the wrong direction and, though pot stocks may rebound, I'll take the tax lose opportunity for now.

0 Kudos
chang
Contributor ○○○

Another dribbling into PRIJX. I expected it to be down more based on the price action of PXH during the day, but it only dropped a penny. It’s always risky to use an ETF as a proxy for what a mutual fund will do. Doesn’t matter though ..: this is a long term investment.

0 Kudos
rac98g
Follower ○○

Recently started a position in SIVLX.  Thanks for the reco, Chang, from our earlier discussion.

0 Kudos
DJANG0
Explorer ○

Order to sell a portion of GISYX, it's reached the outer limits of my rebalancing band. Proceeds to be split between ACWV, VTINX, and GLDM.

0 Kudos
bujia
Explorer ○○

Started a position in NRGX which had IPO early this year at 20.00

It is now 16.00 with a 5.8% discount and paying 10%

Gene

0 Kudos
Announcements

To learn more about the recent changes to Morningstar.com, please see the updated FAQ.

See recent posts and all our forums or access the old forums here.

You can read the community guidelines in