cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: BUY-SELL-WHY May 2020

The only criticism seems to be a vague defensive reaction of poster(s) justifying not posting on the BSW thread.

Let's not make it more complicated to post here. 

Highlighted
Participant ○○

@jmrdnc wrote:

It's really not that complicated. 
You wouldn't have to post the buy or short side of the trade confirmation. 
You only would have to post the sell or cover side of the trade which shows when you incurred your profit/loss.
A simple cut & paste of a screen shot.
This will make everyone will be accountable for their trades.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Order in to add to VWILX (Vanguard Intl Growth).

Foreign markets crashed as badly or worse than the US in March .... but haven’t recovered as quickly. They will soar on good virus news, which is a matter of time.

Close to my limit in this fund and will probably switch to VZICX or APDYX in the future.

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@BigTom,

I am not going to screen shot my info because someone else may not believe what I post. I could care less what they think, if they are not willing to take my word for it. It is enough to post in as real time a fashion as possible, From there it's history.

Edit: Just think about it, older people posting private info, trusting that each time everyone redacts the private info correctly, except for one time. OOPs, I am sorry, I didn't mean to post my whole account number and name and address. What should I do?

Fishingrod

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@jmrdnc wrote:

The only criticism seems to be a vague defensive reaction of poster(s) justifying not posting on the BSW thread.

I often forget to report it on the day of action and then post it later. I sold some on Monday, but posted Tuesday, then why sell on Tuesday?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

I agree with fishingrod. I assume posters are being honest re their trades.

Gene

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Two baseless, wild assumptions  --

1. Assume 70-80% honesty on "opening buy" trades reported and 70-80% honesty of "closing sell" trades reported.

2. Assume 30% honesty on claims of big profitable sales where no previous mention of the "buy" was ever posted.

Even with 20-30% fibbers, Assumption 1 claims still have value because (like the fantasy trade forums) it shows what people like and why.   The Assumption 2 trade claims are worthless and  those pathetic few who merely seek attention should be ignored.

I want NO PART of "screen shots".  Sorry.

-------

This market never ceases to surprise, but I  still fear complacency. Not long ago we were debating new market lows ahead. My  big precious metals & MLP positions continue strong. Bought new positions in NLY & ARCC.    Added slivers to KNOP & NCV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Sold BSV and VCSH after buying yesterday. Not enough yield to hold when stocks are soaring. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Bought more KMB today in $135 range. This to me is a core holding type stock.

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Sold entire small position in TCEHY (small profit) over uncertainty in US- China relations and exchange listing uncertainties.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Right after the opening, AMLP started slipping.   Took quick early morning gains on my entire position b/c I still have a big stake in NRGX, which seems to be acting a little firmer.

After their sharp run-up, pr metals miners may be stalling.  Realized gains on 1/2 my position in GDX.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Added to my holdings of Vanguard mid cap value index (VMVAX)  and international value fund (VTRIX).  Just investing new $ according to my IPS, but also, spreads between value and growth are at close to all time highs (according to Cliff Asness), might as well take advantage.

Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Cut loose last of PTY I was holding to keep on radar. At 27% premium I'd seen enough. Maybe 6+% gain.  Very small holdings of PFN and PCI are only CEFs left. Any new CEF purchases will be at discount. Been very happy with PIMIX purchased 6 weeks ago. Also very small add to TRBCX. - rm

Edit to add - Is SCV starting to catch on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Sold JMBS, LTPZ, IUSB, and BHK. Bought BTZ.

Perceive govt based similarities of portfolios in those sold. BTZ may be different, will see. Couldn't find a PIMCO CEF that I wanted to buy. BlackRock could be the new PIMCO for CEFs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

SMV  ?      Wazzat?       You mean SVM, maybe?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

PTY running way up, though its a pretty good CEF.  What would convince you to sell PCI or PFN?  Sold off dramatically, but now are starting to creep back up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

While PTY's premium does give pause, it and PFN, PCI &  several other Pimco CEFs are in a very modestly upward flat-line pattern.  Tech 101 suggests there must be  a break-out, one way or another.   Recent history suggests they will all move in sympathy --- but where?    12% monthly yield is a powerful "hold" incentive.    So if you're going to play the probabilities to keep the distributions, you might  sell PTY and replace it with a sister CEF with smaller (or zero) premium.    Not a recommendation.  Just chat.

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@richardsok wrote:

SMV  ?      Wazzat?       You mean SVM, maybe?

Small Value, might be what he means.

Highlighted
Contributor ○○

@richardsok wrote:

SMV  ?      

SCV - Sorry and corrected. Should not iPhone type while walking or chewing gum.

While PTY's premium does give pause, it and PFN, PCI &  several other Pimco CEFs are in a very modestly upward flat-line pattern.  Tech 101 suggests there must be  a break-out, one way or another.   Recent history suggests they will all move in sympathy --- but where?    12% monthly yield is a powerful "hold" incentive.    So if you're going to play the probabilities to keep the distributions, you might  sell PTY and replace it with a sister CEF with smaller (or zero) premium.    Not a recommendation.  Just chat.

Thanks @richardsok - 

I'll keep that in mind. I bot some PFN recently, as reported here, at a discount, which I'm still holding. At this time, with what I consider an irrational market, I'm keeping my CEF allocation very low. While I don't use TA, a 26% premium suggests to my knuckle dragging intellect that a ‘break out’ might more closely resemble a cold sore than a NBA fast break. I also remember, not so long ago, very experienced investors in the throes of despair when those highly leveraged things unwind. It seems like some have a rather short memory. Having said that, I hope all holding them great success.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Bought a little bit of KO @$45.21, mainly to get my KO shares to a nice round lot number.  Also put in a buy order for some Franklin Income (FKIQX).  Not a big buy, as the NAV had creeped up over $2.00 a share, and I was only going to buy as long as it was under two dollars a share.  

0 Kudos
Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.