cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: BUY-SELL-WHY May 2020

Order in to buy BCSSX (MCG fund) in my IRA today. It’s heavily concentrated in Tech and HC companies.

Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Lots of WFC chat ....

The WFC-L is down near $40 bucks today.  I am awaiting this one to slide to a sub $1300 handle.   Yes the speculation on the Dividend on the common possibly being cut in this or the next quarter.... But as long as the common holds up it's end with ANY LEVEL of dividend payments the WFC-L will be paying it's dividend too.   And then the WFC-O trading well past it's call date AND with a substantial discount to par if they were to call it and take away the current 5.25%  dividend yields. 

BK is really knocking on a close to my wish limit order value.  

Very few of the TBTF banks seem likely to be subject to bankruptcy over the next year...vs the airlines....Just got my Citi card bill and they are charging a $40 late fee and should you incur one, their interest rate goes to 29% on any unpaid balances. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Order in to buy VWILX (VG Intl Growth) today. I sold EM stock yesterday so I am capturing a little downside in the worldwide markets today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Sold all BSTZ at the open. Made 1% profit plus divvies since I bought. This was always an experiment I was not prepared to lose money on.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

New position in taxable: SPYD @$24.38

Like the low ER and fairly eclectic holdings. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Added to NRO, RA

Nice discounts. Nice distributions.

Gene

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Small purchase of KO @$43.43.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

I'm all sold out of everything I can or am willing to sell,  Now I bought PSQ as a small hedge to what I still own.   Going to add bujia's  NRO and RA to my "watch" list (thanks!)  but, as for now,  both are slipping from their recent trading range with weak short term signals.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@chang wrote:

Order in to buy BCSSX (MCG fund) in my IRA today. It’s heavily concentrated in Tech and HC companies.

Same again today. Building up this position in an IRA. (Original holding in taxable acct where it shouldn’t have been. CG cuffs deter a sale here.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Added 200 more shares of UPS at $90/ share, also added some more to USB (unfortunately at a little higher- $33/share). Also added some to WFC and T, again bought both at a little higher prices. 

Win
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Added some shares to O at 48.50. Also a very small order for TRBCX. WFC and JPM up very strong today. Normally I would feel very good about that but now, rather ambivalent, because I want them in 2 years. If they go up great, if they go down, fine, I'll buy more. EDV keeps climbing and is now my third highest holding even though I haven't added in several days. Be safe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

I bought IUSV and FIXD today. Slowly adding to a small balanced set of holdings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Added more shares of KMB  and wanted to add more JPM and WFC but my fellows investors bid it up to high!  Of course IF I had not been a hog this morning and bought it at good prices then. There always tomorrow! :)

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Order in to sell BCOIX. Position is too small to be meaningful; and I want to maximize ready cash in this IRA for an equity buy (no margin obviously).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Took small remaining gains in NRGX, selling 2/3 of my position.  Also TOT is deteriorating; sold half my position at small loss.   Will be happy to return big to energy when conditions warrant.

Continue moving toward debased currency protection. In this case, my opinions agree with the tech signals I follow. (Something that occurs less often than I'd like.)   As silver remains deeply under its historical relative price to gold, I added to SLVO and added a very large block of SLV.    Also added a bit to GDX (gold miners) as its chart shows lower volatility than the metal itself, and thus should be easier to trade.    I hope.

Pimco technicals still bearish, but PFN latest earnings numbers were good enough to hold what remains for now.   See how it goes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Bought HTRB, JMBS, and LTPZ today. ETFs from familiar fixed income company sponsors. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Added to my holding of Vanguard’s large value index fund (VVIAX) on Friday.  Value has been taking it on the chin (small value much more), and I’m buying while it is relatively cheap,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

About a week ago, bought a little FLCEX, Fidelity Large Cap Core Enhanced Index fund, in my Fidelity account.  My overall portfolio objective is for dividend income, and those investments are in my Schwab account.  However, as a little side project, I activated my Fidelity account and bought some Fidelity Select Health Care fund (FSPHX) a few weeks ago (reported on this thread if I recall correctly).  

Decided that a little diversification wouldn't be a bad idea in my portfolio, especially since I'm trying to buy things I can hold for the long haul.  As it is developing, my more income-oriented holdings are in the Schwab account, and I'll use the Fidelity account for other investments.  FLCEX caught my eye, seemed to have very good performance, and it is an equity index fund, and I like the idea of having a little bit of money under index management.  

Not much money in the Fidelity investments yet, I didn't even think to post the buy when I made it a week or two ago, but I was just reading another thread (Chang asking for growth fund ideas) and YBB mentioned a Fidelity index fund, and that reminded me that I hadn't posted my buy.  No big deal, but I do like the idea of posting buys and sells on this thread and I try to post what I do.

By the way, thanks for running this thread every month, I like to see what people are actually doing with their money when it comes to investing.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Buy PCI , a really small increase of 3%.

Hoping for an increase in NAV later when the economy and markets stabilise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Trading 1/2 of my position of POAGX in non-sheltered account for a bit smaller position of ARTSX in IRA. Also, will add to my growing position of EDV in case Mr. Powell aka Mr. Undecided, has something negative to say tomorrow or next week, or.... My additions to beaten 'value' last few weeks seem to be doing pretty well today. Buying stuff one wants to hold while beaten down doesn't seem to get much love in these parts, but buying low is still makes sense to me. Stay well.

Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.