cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Re: BUY-SELL-WHY May 2020

SOLD AHT - Too much short term debt, Hotel REIT in this environment, bankruptcy should be eminent IMO.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Today’s orders:

Selling TIBIX (1/3), DODWX (all), VMNVX (all)

Adding to VGWAX, VWILX, VIMAX

More to follow this week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Took gains on a large block of my remaining ET.   I still like pipelines, but don't want to remain over-concentrated in one stock.   Will probably rely on NRGX & AMLP in the future with added smaller positions in individuals.   Bought small position in RTLR.

Gold seems to be tiring since mid April after its runup.  Peeled off some more IAU for gains.    Also trimmed BNDX again for a wash; it seems all risk and no prospect of gain.

I'm seeing very few big insider buys lately, but GEO was one of them.  I think I posted before that I liked their recent numbers also.  Enormous fully earned dividend.   People really detest the company for what it does.  Now trading near support, I'm OK to own it for the yield alone.   Minimally correlated with market.   I fear our happy-time stock market run-up was too far, too fast. While not willing to move to hedges, am OK holding more cash for now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Added some more Wells Fargo( WFC) $24.73 with a 50% cut in dividends in mind. Still waiting on more market correction and circle the wagons times! :)

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

@copie wrote:

Added some more Wells Fargo( WFC) $24.73 with a 50% cut in dividends in mind. Still waiting on more market correction and circle the wagons times! :)

I guess I'm in the WFC club. Limit order filled at 24.75. (darn copie bested me by 2 pennines!)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

I don't want to be a 'follower' but I too
purchased a starter position of WFC at $25.
My initial buy order was out there for a couple of months at $22.50 and I'm not sure if it would ever get there so I changed it.

Also, sold my small position in TRBUX (Ultra short bonds) to free up some cash for more upcoming shorting opportunities.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

@copie wrote:

Copie

@copie can you briefly say why you think there is going to be a 50% dividend cut for WFC? 
I thought they had enough free cash flow to easily cover the dividend.
Is your opinion based on how high the dividend percentage is (due to the falling stock price)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

In one of our TIAA 403b accounts, exchanged TILVX (large Value Index) for VFINX. Portfolio is far too heavily weighted toward Value.

PS - Perhaps just moving deck chairs...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Today’s orders:
- Adding some DODGX (but DODWX was axed yesterday).
- Adding some VIMAX (on MC weakness).
- Adding some VWILX (top up yesterday’s buy).

- Selling out of FAGIX. I don’t want extra exposure to highly leveraged company stock now. Also, I could do with less junk.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Added to current holdings in VWITX and VWIAX.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Added a very small helping of O at 51.30. I know it's gonna struggle but I think (hope) it will be left standing after this mess. Also, on up equity days I've been adding small helpings of EDV. Every other day (usually around 9:30 AM) I've been adding super small bits to MSFT. I was going to add some gold, but figured we're on more of a MSFT currency than gold. I'm calling it my dosage of vitamin M.

Edit to add - added a branch of VDIGX to my cord.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

Agree about Grandeur Peaks, but the Micro fund has not done that well with its returns.  I've held it since it was opened.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Recent short term support for NLY appears to be eroding.  Sold position for a small loss.   In its stead, returned to a small position in RIV.   Am nervous about recent movements in PFN, especially yesterday's sudden end-of-day drop.  Must have been a big sale.   It's recovered somewhat, but not enough.  Sold 1/4 my position.

WFC appears to be in an ailing pattern, yet t here's so much interest in it here on M*.    What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

@richardsok wrote:

WFC appears to be in an ailing pattern, yet t here's so much interest in it here on M*.    What am I missing?

@richardsok  -  Probably nothing. Speaking only for myself, I'm still light on financials. A while back I bot JPM for 87ish (4% yield). Yesterday I picked some WFC. It is currently trading at 50% of M*fair value (not the most reliable indicator) If it's div is cut in half, it'll still yield 4%. Since I don't use TA or momentum (kudos to those of you who do successfully) I try to find assets I think have a probability of increasing within the next 18 months or so and if they spit out some income, even better. With the huge disconnect between big tech and well, everything else I'm trying to be contrarian and set up for appreciation while increasing shares with reinvested dividends. Is this a reasonable strategy? I have no flipping idea. I'll let you in 18 months. Perhaps @copie could articulate a better reasoning. Stay well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Added to VDIGX at the close.

Lot of portfolio restructuring in progress. Yesterday I sold much more than I bought (and today the opposite) so the 4PM slide was oddly welcome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Good-bye to SIVLX today (Seafarer Overseas Value).

- Position too small, unlikely ever to influence
- Don’t really need EM small/mid caps
- Small shop; resources/expertise unclear

Highlighted
Contributor ○○

After yesterday's grim TV chatter from Powell, Fauci & Co., I can't see much reason to own equities.  All the indicators I watch are weakening.  No baby-step trading -- sold large blocks of assets I like but can't hold --    NCV   KNOP   GEO    AGD    PFN.   Moving to cash, but bought a small new position in SLVO.

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Kicked DHEIX to the curb. They picked up 2.43% in the past month, and saw this as an opportunity to exit.  Their large securitized holdings such as ABS into auto loans in an online/stay at home environment did not engender confidence. My own fault for greedily looking for additional yield in a short term holding (with a nod to YBB - I should have listened).

Added to VBILX holdings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Put a little more money into Vanguard Total International Stock Index (VTIAX).  The performance of diversified international over the past few years is really disappointing, but I remain a firm believer in diversification and hope for mean reversion sometime in the next 15 years!  Anyway at a current P/E of 12 and P/B of 1.3, I can comfort myself that the shares are cheaper than if I had added to my growthier funds...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○

Ouch... So the Fed says things are 'highly uncertain'. Wow, I'm glad someone told me! Bot some VDIGX, TRBCX, small dose of MSFT. 

In my abusive relationship with banking I took a swig of cheap tequila, put the rubber ball in my mouth and bot a little JPM@84.50.  Have limit order for WFC around 21.50. All individual stock purchases are VERY small. I'm still 62% + cash and bonds.

Edit to add - Picked up a few more shares of O at 50.00 and couldn't help myslef getting some PCI at 16.26.

Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.