cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Participant ○○

Re: BUY-SELL-WHY, MARCH 2020

In IRA accounts: Bought VIG during the morning; sold the rest of JMUTX and a slice of PIGIX for future equity deployment; exchanged a slice of VSCSX for VDADX in the late afternoon. Bought VTI in taxable account after 3:30 pm.

Tried to move WAPSX to an S&P fund in my TIAA 403b but could not get in to move the funds (not happy).

Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Added a little FXAIX and FTIHX (S&P 500 index and international index).  Also bought some shares of Berkshire Hathaway (B shares, not A shares).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Sold some PCOXX and PVOXX (90%) money market funds. 
Although these MM funds are hard to come by and are great payers, I need free up cash to put to work
and want to make sure I don't get caught in a 'gating' situation where I could be 'locked out' from selling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○

Bought WFC, PPL, RDS-B, VTR, OHI, PRU, MET....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Bought VTI a minute or two from the close where it was 3 years ago. Wanted to make a positive move after selling bonds. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

@Gary1952 

Hi G-52 - I did the same...it felt good didn’t it!?

Brian

Highlighted
Explorer ○

Still about 25% cash in retirement accounts (don't have a taxable investment account since I bought home in 2014, other than emergency funds in MM).

Added to VDIGX, VWIGX, and VWUSX.

Bought VTI looking at how low indices went down today.

(usually I buy Mfunds, but thought I can get a better price using ETFs)

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@BrianG wrote:

@Gary1952 

Hi G-52 - I did the same...it felt good didn’t it!?

Brian

It did. I sold some last year at 155 (today at 120.08) to move laterally since I had overlap in SCHX. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

bought a few shares of LMT.  might put in an order for VIG at down another 7%, thinking the broaders might open limit down first thing in the am.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

@retiredat48 wrote:

fcmuskula...thanks for your post.

Best wishes on your rollover.

R48

Thanks R48!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

UGLY DAY today on Wall Street!

I'm sort of "licking my wounds" as i'm pretty heavy in stocks (for good or bad- BAD today). But as we were closing in on the last hour, I went ahead and added to Vanguard Dividend Appreciation Index admiral (VDADX) and Vanguard Mid Cap Value Index Admiral (VMVAX). $10,000 into each. Just trying to slowly add a little to beaten down equities, have NOT sold any bond positions (yet) but may as they seem to be dropping too. Yields are lower, if this keeps up I may be 90% equity (or higher) before it's all over. 

Win
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Made small addition to DNP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Encouraged by significant insider buying recently, I bought a  block of ET this morning at under $6 in the IRA.  (Unthinkable a few weeks ago.) I have been following this stock for some time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Caught falling knife sold SYY SYSCO at open for balance of profit.

Thought this was a holder for life. Everything's Changed. Owned since 2011.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Not buying but just mentioning my FNV holding had strong day yesterday and today.  I have gold and precious metal related investment in my portfolio for times like this but it did not perform as I hoped.  Seems like we reached a point where investors were selling everything they could get their hands on.  I am hoping these last 2 days means panic selling is slowing down.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Bought WFC @ $28.49 an hour or two ago.  Also put in a buy order for one of my mutual funds, Franklin Utility (FKUQX).  This is an actively managed fund, has an excellent long term record, and a very low portfolio turnover, around eight percent.  Most of the usual big names in there, I like the portfolio mix.  I'm thinking that regulated utilities might be sort of a bond proxy going forward.  In any event, I like the fund's record, portfolio, and low portfolio turnover, especially since I would like to hold this for the long term.

Cashed out most of my remaining Series I Savings bonds, so I have a bit of money to invest.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○

Bought a little BKH (Baker Hughes) and

POAGX (Primecap agressive growth)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Put the snorkeling gear on and did some moderate buying today,  to increase yield. Added to positions in DSL, PCI, FPF, and opened position in O, now yielding > 5%. Have limit orders in for several others including SCHD, which may well be my cornerstone going forward. Good luck, all. rm

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@BigTom wrote:

Bought a little BKH (Baker Hughes) and

POAGX (Primecap agressive growth)

Baker Hughes! (BKR BTW) at $10.63 w/ 6.81% FDY and FMV of $30.

Thanks! Just put in a limit order.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Bought 500 shares KMI @ $10.16. Why? 10% dividend

Bought 500 shares EPD @ $11.50 Why? 15.5% dividend

Limit orders in on BKR, CSCO and PFE.

0 Kudos
Announcements

Morningstar is here to help you respond to the Coronavirus crisis.