Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Re: BUY-SELL-WHY June 2020

@chang wrote:

@rhythmmethod wrote:

Transferring some VDIGX to VWELX in 2 IRA accounts. Why - stuff's gone crazy and balanced funds might make more sense out of this than me. 

How different are the stock portfolios of these two funds? Both Wellington-advised LCB* equity portfolios with an emphasis on dividends, quality, etc. (*under the new managers) so I’m guessing ... they’re pretty similar? Would be interesting to see an overlap analysis once the 6/30 holdings are published.

Are you basically doing a little profit taking or rebalancing? Nothing wrong with that, by the way, although personally I’m letting everything ride. *Not* buying more is the closest I can bring myself to selling.

@chang  Hey, man. Last I looked, interestingly, VWELX seemed a bit more growthy than VDIGX with MSFT, AAPL, even a little Facebook and Alphabet. What I'm doing is slowly building VWELX up in two IRAs to VWENX (already there in 1) which means trading a little VDIGX bot in March on up equity days. On down equity days I use some cash. Once there I expect not to touch it. I hold VDIGX in two other accounts. I know the difference is miniscule, but it still feels like I'm a player ...haha. Hope you're well!

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Bought additional shares in VBILX and VSIGX from cash and exchanged the remaining shares in VMNVX to VDADX and VBILX.  I’m putting some funds to work in the former and am choosing to create my own low volatility by combining funds in the latter in a 65/35 split.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Added to IGD. Nice discount. Paying > 9.5%

Gene

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

For the past 3 trading days, and to continue daily for 5 more days - sell muni MM fund in taxable account and buy VBILX (IT bonds) in IRA.  Just changing my asset allocation.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Sold XOM in joint and Roth account. Bought QQQ in Roth and did a small roth conversion of WBA.

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

With stock futures surging, I placed an order to shovel the remaining cash in my T-IRA into FXNAX (Agg Bond). Cash is trash now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

A small order to buy BIV at $92.80 just filled. This was funded with delayed dividends from a previous holding that just showed up in my TDA account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Sold remaining shares in PIGIX from one IRA acct and used those funds to open a position in VBIRX and add to VBILX.  Continuing to reallocate bonds as ballast.

added: Sold DSEEX and moved funds to VWIAX.  Reducing volatility... 

also added: Waited until DSEEX & PIGIX went positive in my portfolio before selling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Feeling a bit like the grim reaper, only venturing out with bad news. Anyway, on today's dip I'm buying some VWELX, TRBCX, VGHCX and MATFX. If we go lower, I'll buy more. Stay safe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

I sold some PRWCX and am now buying JMSIX.

I have further reduced my equity holdings, but have bought my multi-sector holdings back up to about 40% roughly of what they were pre-Covid. It will be interesting to see how prices look today. I’m adding to risk in bond funds and taking away risk in equities.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Added some cash to VTI and VDADX on the dip.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Bought Duk and SO today with XOM sale money.

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Did a Roth conversion of $20K last week. Today I spent half of it on FXAIX S&P index. Probably more dip opportunities to come.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Added to TRBCX in my Roth.

A fairly decent-sized, delayed divided plopped into the account a few days ago from the TIBIX that I sold last month. (I put the entire Roth into TRBCX as part of a realignment to beef up US growth.)

So I used today’s drop to top up the TRBCX with the unexpected cash.

If the sell-off continues on Thursday, I will start nibbling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@chang wrote:

A fairly decent-sized, delayed divided plopped into the account a few days ago from the TIBIX that I sold last month. (I put the entire Roth into TRBCX as part of a realignment to beef up US growth.)

At more than $100B AUM in the strategy, this is still open and doing well.  Did TRP announce any date for potentially closing this fund?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Went ahead and for better or worst converted all my HON shares over to roth account.

Copie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

SELL PEI-C & PTY (small quantities)

Selling high cost lots to take tax losses. Keeping the money in cash. Cash is now around 30% of portfolio, up from 20%-25% in the beginning of the year.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Anitya wrote:

@chang wrote:

At more than $100B AUM in the strategy, this is still open and doing well.  Did TRP announce any date for potentially closing this fund?  

@Anitya I'm no TRP expert, others can address this better than I can. In a recent interview, Contrafund manager Will Danoff expressed no concerns with his fund/strategy's size, which tops $200bn. TRBCX was a somewhat "safe" and uninspired choice of a growth fund for an IRA. Their Global Stock fund was also compelling, although I'm trying to keep foreign exposures out of IRAs so that I can claim foreign withheld tax credits. (Although PRGSX probably doesn't own high dividend payers.) TRP New America was also an interesting choice, but in the end I decided to run with the herd.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

Covered SHAK (Shake Shack) short for a 29% gain.

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Bot some of that **bleep**, WFC, on the bad bank news. Also picked up a little VZ and TRBCX. Going to pace myself.

0 Kudos
Announcements