cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○

New post notifications . . .

In the past week or so I've been getting email notifications for new posts in subbed threads, but the posts they are notifying me of are already two or more days old, and I've already read them.

Anybody else having this problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: New post notifications . . .

@Bruzer wrote:

In the past week or so I've been getting email notifications for new posts in subbed threads, but the posts they are notifying me of are already two or more days old, and I've already read them.

Anybody else having this problem?

I reported this to @RyanM a few days ago and he is investigating.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

Bruzer_0-1599893515687.gif

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

It's still happening . . .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My note to @RyanM was almost 3 weeks ago. May be this is a limitation of relying on 3rd party software that is being used by M* and others.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○

@yogibearbull wrote:

My note to @RyanM was almost 3 weeks ago. May be this is a limitation of relying on 3rd party software that is being used by M* and others.

Before I made this thread I scanned the first page of this forum, and I didn't see any threads with this subject heading. So I assumed nobody else was having this problem. Ha!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@RyanM , email notifications I checked this morning are from 9/18/20, 9/19/20, 9/20/20 and also from 9/21/20. May be the backlog is clearing. But Khoros should provide an explanation for this.

YBB
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Follow up for 9/21/20 email notifications: Each email notification indicates the time of the post as well as the email time stamp. Comparing the two, I see today that some email notifications come through right away, but some are delayed by up to 35 minutes. That is much better than 1-2 day delays previously. I think that Khoros systems may still be experiencing load issues and email notification probably have lower priority.

Followup2: May be I spoke too seen. Last email notification was 1 hr 20 min ago. But there have been new posts on threads that I am participating and that is also confirmed by Bell notifications. So, somebody did something to catchup with email notification this morning but has now gone for lunch or for the day. Email notifications are broken again.

YBB
0 Kudos
Announcements