cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly EGIF

Eagle Growth and Income Opportunities Fund Provides Update on Status of Liquidation

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/07/02/2057198/0/en/Eagle-Growth-and-Income-Opportuni...

I just reviewed the latest press release on EGIF see link above.

If the facts of the release are correct the Independent board is the good in that they were really looking out for their shareholders.

The bad: the previous manager if the allegations are correct.  The ugly, the legal battle holding up the distribution of assets of the fund.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly EGIF

Today EGIF is down 3.7% and trades at a 6.4% discount.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

For one month the reported NAV XEGIX was 13.93 every day as all the assets were liquidated and the proceeds were held in a money market fund.  At the end of last week, the NAV dropped 1% to $13.78. This may only be the best guesstimate given the new information.

I’m not sure what the reserve should be for a potential legal defense expense and the potential liability to Four Wood.   If anyone knows the dollar amount of Four Woods lawsuit, it would be helpful.  Please post it on this thread.

With all the legal battles and proxy fights recently it seems the CEF space is a sport.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

The lawsuit seems frivolous to me. I'd like to see the fund counter-sue Four Wood for all of the legal expenses and punitive damages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

A little off-topic: But I just heard the news that Ennio Morricone the composer of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly passed away today 7/6/2020 at age 91. This is one of the best movie soundtracks ever. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

The Board has determined that $29 million of the Fund's net assets should be reserved by the Fund and not immediately distributed.  This is roughly 30% of market cap.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1575771/000110465920083119/tm2024741d1_ex-991.htm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

"Consistent with the Fund's previously-announced liquidation plans, the Fund's shares ceased trading on the New York Stock Exchange before the open of trading on July 28, 2020.  In addition, on August 3, 2020, the Fund distributed to shareholders of record as of the close of business on July 27, 2020  $8.75 per share in a cash liquidating distribution.  This represents a return to shareholders of 63.5% of the Fund's net asset value per share as of July 31, 2020"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/eagle-growth-income-opportunities-fund-211500502.html?.tsrc=fin-srch

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

The counter suit possibility against Four Wood is interesting. Maybe shareholders can realize more than the remaining NAV?

Highlighted
Explorer ○

I got to give you Kudos, Mozart325, for a nice call in your comments two weeks ago when you suggested this.

0 Kudos
Announcements