cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

PDI at much larger premium PCI

The premia of PDI and PCI are 19.70% and 3.92% as of 3/26. CEF Connect says their 52-week average premia were 16.84% and 5.85%. The NAV returns have similar in recent years. I wonder why the difference in premia is so large and has increased over the last few days.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Follower ○○

Re: PDI at much larger premium PCI

Perhaps because last Pimco report shows PDI covering dividend better than PCI. PDI has positive undistributed earns, PCI is negative.  Wouldn't surprise me if next month it reverses.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@brevard76 wrote:

Perhaps because last Pimco report shows PDI covering dividend better than PCI. PDI has positive undistributed earns, PCI is negative.  Wouldn't surprise me if next month it reverses.

+1

Also, has not PDI distributed a relatively (larger percent) special dividend in Dec each year.

R48

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

I find it hard to believe that the variance in valuations has to do with the UNII report or historical specials.  In my mind it is likely just inefficiency in the markets.  Eventually, the difference in distribution rates will narrow - either by PCI becoming richer or PDI falling back.  I did swap a little PDI for PCI.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Beliavsky wrote:

The premia of PDI and PCI are 19.70% and 3.92%. CEF Connect says their 52-week average premia were 16.84% and 5.85%. The NAV returns have similar in recent years. I wonder why the difference in premia is so large and has increased over the last few days.

Forget about premium/discount behavior over the last month.  That's determined by what the largely panic driven retail investors have done to ALL markets, not by any rational or efficient behavior.  Both NAVs have tanked about 30% this month.  Ditto for share prices.   This tightly wound spring will eventually stop vibrating!  8-)

ElLobo, de la casa de la toro caca grande
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

@Beliavsky wrote:

The premia of PDI and PCI are 19.70% and 3.92% as of 3/26. CEF Connect says their 52-week average premia were 16.84% and 5.85%. The NAV returns have similar in recent years. I wonder why the difference in premia is so large and has increased over the last few days.

The correct numbers for the premia of PDI and PCI as of 3/26 are 16.26% and 1.25%.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

I think they posted before CEFconnect adjusted for the NAV moves of the day.  

0 Kudos
Announcements