cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

BSTZ

I bought some at the start of the year, as part of a strategy to increase my portfolio yield in retirement and also to get more tech exposure. I was a little leery of a fund that pays a hefty income distribution, but owns only stocks that pay no dividends. But I decided to give them a try and see how it goes. I added a little more during the downturn. 

It seems to be bouncing back with some strength. I might add a little more on the next dip. 

Any owners here with views on the future outlook?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: BSTZ

you need to have a view on a small/ mid cap tech names. if you are positive,  the fund's exposure will address this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@JRinNY wrote:

you need to have a view on a small/ mid cap tech names. if you are positive,  the fund's exposure will address this.

Yes I’m positive and I’m guessing I’m not alone in that. There are lots of SC/MC tech funds. BSTZ is different than most, though. The only way to evaluate its model, I think, is simply by monitoring performance. So far it seems to be worth holding onto. For the moment I am reinvesting dividends though at some future point I may need the income. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

So far, so good. I’m liking this one.

I’m about to make a lot of spare room in my Roth, which is where this belongs (not my taxable acct!), so I am thinking of adding to it there going forward.

Average volume is $6 million a day, so would everyone agree this is a highly liquid CEF and I should have no concern building up a position under $150,000?

Any further thoughts?

Highlighted
Participant ○○○

30 day average daily volume is 251K shares @ $20, is $5mm. So building a $150K position should not be an issue from the liquidity standpoint.

There is BMEZ, by the way, if you like the similarly managed SMID caps in life sciences.

@chang wrote:

So far, so good. I’m liking this one.

I’m about to make a lot of spare room in my Roth, which is where this belongs (not my taxable acct!), so I am thinking of adding to it there going forward.

Average volume is $6 million a day, so would everyone agree this is a highly liquid CEF and I should have no concern building up a position under $150,000?

Any further thoughts?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Thanks JR. BMEZ on my Yahoo! Finance feed now. Pity I missed the big dip. Still at a 6.7% discount, and an interesting portfolio.
0 Kudos
Announcements