cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Follower ○○

Re: Why investment grade bond fund/ETF fall so much?

Solved or there is a best answer. Go to solution.

Wow, R48 thanks for the detailed analysis. I now see there is so much more to learn about bond fund. 

Thanks to all !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@FatKat wrote:

Are we talking about Vanguard Total Bond fund?

I thought VBMFX was officially retried? Isn't it only VBTLX now, or am I mixed up?

VBMFX(investor share) = VBTLX (admiral share)

===============

Ben1: Wow, R48 thanks for the detailed analysis. I now see there is so much more to learn about bond fund"

FD: please let us know how the explanation helped you select your next fund and what is it?

smiley.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Vanguard eliminated Investor class shares of many of its index funds and reduced the min for Admiral shares to $3K [from $10K]. So, search for VBMFX fails at Vanguard and only VBTLX is valid. This is the best Vanguard could do when Fido and Schwab now have low/no min.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

"The problem with wrestling a pig is that you both get dirty and the pig likes it"

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@VA-Tech wrote:

"The problem with wrestling a pig is that you both get dirty and the pig likes it"

The problem is many post investment rules that suppose to be true but never actually do the work to check it 

smiley.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@VA-Tech wrote:

I  think after "pig" the above would need "in mud", but I remember the quote a little differently:

"The problem with wrestling a pig is that you get dirty and it annoys the pig."  Anyway...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

@racqueteer wrote:

@VA-Tech wrote:

I  think after "pig" the above would need "in mud", but I remember the quote a little differently:

"The problem with wrestling a pig is that you get dirty and it annoys the pig."  Anyway...

FWIW, the saying has a few MINOR variations and has been attributed to several sources, including Twain, Lincoln, and Shaw.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/07/08/pig/

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/george_bernard_shaw_137450

Your version must be home-grown and there is no mud required. Apparently, the sty can accommodate a multitude of swine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@VA-Tech wrote:

@racqueteer wrote:

@VA-Tech wrote:

FWIW, the saying has a few MINOR variations and has been attributed to several sources, including Twain, Lincoln, and Shaw.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/07/08/pig/

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/george_bernard_shaw_137450

Your version must be home-grown and there is no mud required. Apparently, the sty can accommodate a multitude of swine.

Interesting...  Amazingly, I never heard the original version apparently.  The only version I ever heard is the one I quoted.  BTW, I STILL think the original needs mud to get the pig to enjoy it.  Hard to accept a pig liking wrestling in general; I would figure it would annoy him or her, but that's just me.

0 Kudos
Announcements