cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○

PIMIX div cut

It seems there is going to be divident cut for PIMIX. What are others doing, keeping this fund or getting out of it. 

Effective August 3rd, 2020, the PIMCO Income Fund (the “Fund”) is making a change to its daily distribution rate. Over the course of the month this change will lead to a monthly distribution rate change
from $0.0555/share to $0.0400/share (Institutional Class).

Link to article 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Re: PIMIX div cut

Why start a duplicate identical thread (this one was created earlier on the same date). I suggest you delete this one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

@wayoutwest, Sorry I did not see the other message. I even searched for the topic. Not sure if how I can delete my post..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○○

Select the down arrow button (shown below) located in the upper right corner of your Original Post which opens a dropdown menu. If Delete is listed as an option, you can select that to delete the thread. If too much time has passed since its creation, that may no longer be an option.

down_arrow.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

Thanks Joe, appreciate the link.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

Hi Ryan, @RyanM  Please delete this thread, it seems there is another thread on this topic. I appreciate your help. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Is this cut just for Institutional investors PIMIX, what about PONAX?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@annie97 wrote:

Is this cut just for Institutional investors PIMIX, what about PONAX?

All classes of the fund are affected.

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Thank you what a bummer

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

For PONAX, M* is showing,

8/31/20  0.0361

7/31/20  0.0517

For PIMIX,

8/31/20  0.0400

7/31/20  0.0555

YBB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Thank you hope it doesn’t stay that way for long. What are investment do you have that are similar if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPad
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant ○○

PONAX is the one brokers will put you in if you allow them to.  It generates the broker fees, othewise they would not put you in it.  

A jaw dropping uninspiring 3.68 percent, hedge funds charge less in expenses and fees.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@annie97 wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Stop concentrating on higher yield and start looking for performance + volatility (if you care).

PIMIX one month performance was in the top 10% in its ranking regardless of the distributions.

PTIAX is another fund with better risk/reward and pay about 4% annually.  TSIIX maybe another option and pays about 3.5%.

3 year performance below(link)

PortfolioCAGRStdevBest YearWorst YearMax. DrawdownSharpe RatioSortino Ratio
PIMIX3.99% 5.52%8.05%0.58%-8.39% 0.450.53
PTIAX4.81% 4.60%7.36%2.01%-6.03% 0.70.91
TSIIX4.78% 4.85%7.91%0.68%-6.50% 0.660.85
Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

One can buy PIMIX at Schwab for $2500 min. ($1000 in an IRA) + $49.95 fee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

Thanks

Sent from my iPad
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

I have it through Vanguard no fees but thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○

FD, Thanks for your suggestion. I am going to try PTIAX in addition of PIMIX. In past, I was not able to buy this through Vanguard but I have a 401K piece (self directed) that goes through Ameritrade that I am able to get PTIAX. I have a high minimum on TSIIX so will let this one go for now.

Highlighted
Contributor ○○○

Today might be the day to buy PTIAX. If the 10 year stays up .055 like it is now, PTIAX will drop. I bought these 2 last month.

@Joe3100 wrote:

FD, Thanks for your suggestion. I am going to try PTIAX in addition of PIMIX. In past, I was not able to buy this through Vanguard but I have a 401K piece (self directed) that goes through Ameritrade that I am able to get PTIAX. I have a high minimum on TSIIX so will let this one go for now.

0 Kudos
Announcements